June 18-19th Trip

25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

I have a week off that week starting with June 18th (half day). Would like to plan another road trip down to the south. hoping for more people than just myself, josh, and mike. A bunch of us up in the northeast could carpool....although my wife has stated i cant take my jeep this time haha. that thing is almost beat down now. but this time i have 10 days off so we could in fact take our time this time and have more time to hit more spots. could be great. didnt know if anyone had any places in mind? i was thinking hitting up kentucky/tennessee/virginia/. id like to get out there with blaylock and some of the guys around him.

Edited by bumpylemon, 27 March 2010 - 08:52 AM.

#2 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

Have you been keeping up with the recent thread about the regulation changes in Tennessee? Just something to be aware of if your plans were to make that long drive for stuff you can't take back anymore.

#3 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Have you been keeping up with the recent thread about the regulation changes in Tennessee? Just something to be aware of if your plans were to make that long drive for stuff you can't take back anymore.

No I hadn't kept up cuz never planned on goin there yet lol. Although I'm more focused on kentucky and VA. Just wanted to maybe do an area on TN. We stayed in TN and actually collected in VA when we took our last trip.

#4 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

wow i just read the new regs. that sucks. so we can scratch TN off that list. we could look at W Va as well. i still think the best place to go is sw va.

Edited by bumpylemon, 27 March 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

I wouldn't mind heading south again, I'll have to see if i could get the time off for it though.

Virginia would be good, i have set my eyes on a mud sunfish and i think they are legal to catch their. They are found mainly in the eastern drainages of virginia however.

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I would be in for this. I haven't been to many sites in VA, but I do have many locations in KY that would be great to hit up. I have several locations and seperate drainages that we can hit in one day to find a lot of different KY species.

SW VA is good and I would like to explore that more than I have. SE KY offers limited species that you can't get anywhere else. In KY I would go for South/Central, there are many species you can find in that area. But the good thing is, you can go into SW VA and then cut across SE KY and you could even loop back up through W VA on the way back. I've often wondered what species can be found in W VA, I've never looked into it.

#7 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

ok so ive come up with a VERY PRELIMINARY "schedule" just so those interested can see some dates and what not. we can work around that. i have off of work June 18 (after 12pm)-June 27th. So I am very flexible within that time frame. im hoping others can make arraignments with work schedules. here is what i had in mine....this is without me knowing which species over lap. for example. why travel 3 hours more south for the same species.

June 18th- I would like to leave New England/NY area by 7pm (drive all night till we hit the streams around 7-9am)
June 19th- Arrive around 7-9am...fish all day (I was thinking SW VA)....Stay @ hotel
June 20th- few ideas here
A)travel to different locations to fish (Kentucky, W VA, or northern Virginia)(Stay over @ hotel)
B)Stay @ current place/area and fish (Stay over @ hotel)
C)Fish all day and drive home
June 21st- A)fish all day and stay over and leave next day
B) fish all day then drive home
C) drive home when we wake up no fishing,

im game for alot of fishing and hanging out with you guys...people please chime in.

#8 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

ok so ive come up with a VERY PRELIMINARY "schedule" just so those interested can see some dates and what not. we can work around that. i have off of work June 18 (after 12pm)-June 27th. So I am very flexible within that time frame. im hoping others can make arraignments with work schedules. here is what i had in mine....this is without me knowing which species over lap. for example. why travel 3 hours more south for the same species.

June 18th- I would like to leave New England/NY area by 7pm (drive all night till we hit the streams around 7-9am)
June 19th- Arrive around 7-9am...fish all day (I was thinking SW VA)....Stay @ hotel
June 20th- few ideas here
A)travel to different locations to fish (Kentucky, W VA, or northern Virginia)(Stay over @ hotel)
B)Stay @ current place/area and fish (Stay over @ hotel)
C)Fish all day and drive home
June 21st- A)fish all day and stay over and leave next day
B) fish all day then drive home
C) drive home when we wake up no fishing,

im game for alot of fishing and hanging out with you guys...people please chime in.

I am planning a vacation in June. Like you, VERY preliminary. But MS is a great state for NANF's.

#9 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:12 AM

This is sounding good. Though I will have to find something for my wife to do that weekend to get me off the hook, but I'm confident I can do that.

19th: Meet up with everybody that morning and fish all day.
- I'm looking forward to seeing what VA has to offer.

20th: I'm up for hitting more sites in VA or moving to KY.
- Again, depending on what you'd like to find I have several locations in South Central KY we could go to. Or we could head to W. VA.

21st: If you guys plan on fishing this day, let me know in advance and I'll take a vacation day and stay too. If not, I'll probably drive home on Sunday night.

#10 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:06 AM

Josh that will be awesome. Only issue I'm having is some people from up here heading down with me. I alone cannot make that drive. It would be very expensive and I can't drive 14 hours myself. So I'm waiting on a couple others to commit. 3 other people would be ideal. Plus I hope mike can go cuz he has all the spots. I know nothing!!!! So I'd need expertise with me. I hope this can happen!

#11 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

If I can get the time off can I go along too? their are a few southern species I really want (especially a mud sunny)

#12 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

If I can get the time off can I go along too? their are a few southern species I really want (especially a mud sunny)

Yah the more the merrier. Just need mike to commit and this will be a great trip. I'm trying to get my mom to go. She loves outdoors

#13 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

If we ended up in KY, I could possibly get a friend from church to meet us and JohnO from here on the forum may meet up to. JohnO and I collect alot together, He's usually up for anything but I haven't talked to him in a bit.

I told my wife yesterday that I may be gone that weekend, she didn't put up a fight so I'm good on that.

Edited by jblaylock, 01 April 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#14 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

If we ended up in KY, I could possibly get a friend from church to meet us and JohnO from here on the forum may meet up to. JohnO and I collect alot together, He's usually up for anything but I haven't talked to him in a bit.

I told my wife yesterday that I may be gone that weekend, she didn't put up a fight so I'm good on that.

awesome now i just need to convince mike on my end to come. ill see mike tomorrow....so ill try and bring my puppy dog face... josh when can we know about your work?

#15 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

sadly i cannot make it at the dates you mentioned, 3 days that week are booked. (my jobv limits how much time off people can take on a single side, it's patheticly low, only 2 or 3 per day). however the week before that is free for now.

#16 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

I could do either week.

#17 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

i can only do that weekend i mentioned...

#18 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

resurrecting this thread...anyone have any ideas of where we could do a meet and get a bunch of members to meet at? french river?

#19 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

I wouldn't mind getting in on this trip, too, a portion of it, at least. Va., W. Va., Ky. I haven't been on the forum much lately, I'll try to keep up now that I'm getting caught up. Just the same, send me an e-mail please. I'm better at communicating that way. Thanks.

#20 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

I wouldn't mind getting in on this trip, too, a portion of it, at least. Va., W. Va., Ky. I haven't been on the forum much lately, I'll try to keep up now that I'm getting caught up. Just the same, send me an e-mail please. I'm better at communicating that way. Thanks.

im going to talk to my mother tonight in more detail...she has a very large truck...a new found respect for our hobby...and funds! so i texted her today with...would you go to a place where we could stay over? (at first she wanted to do like a day trip)she said "maybe if we camped" so thats good news. so hopefully i can talk her into more south. i really wanna get more saffron and MRBD. now it will prob be June 24th-26th range. i hope people can do this....are those days good? or even possible june 21st, 22nd

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users