Pet Store Rescue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

had these in the feeder ghost tank. i thought they resembled banded killi's. but now im not so sure. i asked where they get the shrimp from and was told florida...so it could be anything i guess. i dont know much about killis. thanks guys....they are still very white...so maybe later on when they color up they will be easier to ID.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bumpylemon, 03 April 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#2 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

It's a Seminole killifish (Fundulus seminolis). I have several myself from a ghost shrimp tank. My oldest 2 I have had for about 1.5 years and have grown from 2 inches to about 4. In my experience, very peaceful, sometimes shy and they like to stick tightly with each other. Very cool to see that upturned mouth protrude outward when feeding from the surface.

#3 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

It's a Seminole killifish (Fundulus seminolis). I have several myself from a ghost shrimp tank. My oldest 2 I have had for about 1.5 years and have grown from 2 inches to about 4. In my experience, very peaceful, sometimes shy and they like to stick tightly with each other. Very cool to see that upturned mouth protrude outward when feeding from the surface.

awesome!! score on some cool native fish that isnt accessible to me!! im going to go google these guys up.

#4 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

I'll second the ID and say that they are a nice fish. They get rather larger 4-5 inches and males get some red to the fins.

#5 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Nice find! I haven't found them to be quite as peaceful as Willie has. Mine harrassed smaller killies and my lesser sirens.

#6 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Nice find! I haven't found them to be quite as peaceful as Willie has. Mine harrassed smaller killies and my lesser sirens.

I'm on my way to go buy the rst. I think there is 2 left. They only cost 10 cents. I think its cool that I'm gettin native fish I can't collect lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users