Happy Camper!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

I drove south into Georgia today to get out of rock bass range and well into shadow bass territory. So guess what? I caught my first shadow bass today. He is a baby. He is much more compressed than the baby rock bass I catch near chattanooga and the dorsal sticks up farther and his eyes could make almost three rock bass eyes. I gave him a fifteen gallon tank for his own personal house. A few pygmies in there right now but it will be a while before he is big enough to swallow them. Was I ever excited. I have been dreaming about catching a shadow bass for years. Now I have one. They are much more leaf looking than a rock bass. Coloration is slightly different. Pattern on the body is awesome. Just thought I would share the excitement. I will get a photo of him much later and post it. I do not want to over stress him right now being newly caught and all.

#2 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

They are one of my favorites.

#3 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

They are one of my favorites.

Yes I really enjoyed seeing yours when I was down there. Warmouth rate as a favorite for me. But if I had to choose between warmouth, longears, greens, orange spotted, shadow bass and bantams I would have to take six of each. I caught a warmouth today when I was searching for that shadow bass. It must have been four inches or so. But man was he beautiful. Real purple on top of lateral line and bold barring. Was hard to throw back. But I just had that two gallon bucket I was using with you down there and I did not want to take any chances at all with my shadow bass being in there.

#4 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

Congrats, though I have never even seen a shadow bass I like all the Ambloplites, rock bass (being the only ones here) are among my favorite fish, to keep, catch or just look at in general. I was very excited to catch a tiny rockbass last year for my collection so I can understand your excitement. It's always nice finding a grail fish. looking forward to pictures.

#5 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:16 AM

ON the baby rock bass I can catch them here a dime a dozen so to speak. Plentiful. Awesome looking when young. Not so bad when grown. So if any one wants some that do not have them or just can't catch them where you live I know where to gettum. Hint Hint

#6 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Caught two more shadow bass. So that only means there will be two more happy shadow bass keepers. I am keeping only one for now. The others are spoken for sorry. But if you are interested PM me and when the water goes down from our recent rain I think I can get more. Seems like a good source. A fairly large creek/river. They call it a river but it is a small river. Conasagua river in northern Georgia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users