Speaking at GPASI next Friday

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

I will be speaking at the Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc. (GPASI) monthly meeting next Friday. I will be discussing NANFA and native fish keeping and collecting. If anybody is in the area, please drop by. Also, if anybody has any cool NANFA graphics that you are willing to share, raster and vector both appreciated, for use in a PowerPoint presentation and maybe an AutoCAD poster, I'd appreciate if you'd e-mail them to me. I'd especially like a nice NANFA logo in both raster and vector formats. Credit will be given, of course. Many thanks. I'll follow up and let you know how it went.

ebihary at verizon dot net

#2 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

I just sent you a copy of the presentation that I gave via email. It has a copy of the nanfa emblem in it too.

Cheers
Peter

#3 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

I just sent you a copy of the presentation that I gave via email. It has a copy of the nanfa emblem in it too.

Cheers
Peter

Got it, Peter. Many thanks! It's beautiful. I think I'll edit out some Nevada-specific stuff (keeping some), add some Pennsylvania-specific stuff, and add some other things. You have some beautiful fish photos in there. I'd like to add some that can be found locally. They want me to discuss collecting gear and techniques, and I want to discuss the NANFA Code of Ethics. But really, thanks to you, my work is half done already. I can't thank you enough! After the presentation, I'll send you back my edited ppt, and let you know how it went.

#4 Guest_cichlidcrazy_*

Guest_cichlidcrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Sounds interesting. Wish I could be there to hear it.

#5 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

Got it, Peter. Many thanks! It's beautiful. I think I'll edit out some Nevada-specific stuff (keeping some), add some Pennsylvania-specific stuff, and add some other things. You have some beautiful fish photos in there. I'd like to add some that can be found locally. They want me to discuss collecting gear and techniques, and I want to discuss the NANFA Code of Ethics. But really, thanks to you, my work is half done already. I can't thank you enough! After the presentation, I'll send you back my edited ppt, and let you know how it went.

Glad to be able to help out. Here is an article I wrote in AC a few years ago on seining that might help you some too. http://peter.unmack....04.seine.ac.pdf

Cheers
Peter

#6 Guest_cichlidcrazy_*

Guest_cichlidcrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

How did the speech go last night?

#7 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Unfortunately, an urgent family matter came up (I'd prefer to leave it at that), which made it necessary to postpone. I've also been sick lately. I'll let you know when it's rescheduled.

#8 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

This is now scheduled for the October meeting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users