SE Wisconsin Native Fish Club

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_modhein_*

Guest_modhein_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Is there any way to obtain more information. I would love to read up and possibly join.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Contact Brian Terrino (sorry Brian I know I spelt that wrong.) from BTDarters, he is the head guy.

#3 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

Mike,

Here's some more info about the Southeastern Wisconsin Native Fish Club (SEWNFC - NANFA affiliate) for you.

Regarding the Native Fish Club, we started in June of 2007 with a meeting at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Grafton, WI. Ben Herzfeldt, a warden from the Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources, spoke about the regulations regarding collecting and keeping the native fishes of Wisconsin (it was legal for anyone to collect and keep fish at that time). The following month we had a trip to the Discovery World Reiman Aquariums at Pier Wisconsin and a meeting in Grafton following the event. Since then, we've had a few more trips to Discovery World, trips and picnics elsewhere, and speakers and meetings every month we don't have a special event. Speakers have included myself, John Lyons, Brad Eggold, and various and sundry other employees of the DNR, and some other interesting folks as well. Speaker topics have included invasive aquatic species, native fish viewing, the diversity of fishes in Wisconsin, and the DNR sturgeon rearing facility, among many others. We usually have food and beverages with every meeting, provided by the Club. We also have native fish auctions at the end of regular meetings. Generally, we meet on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of each month at 6:00pm. Meeting sites vary throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. We've had meetings in Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Port Washington, Grafton, Pewaukee, and Okauchee. We usually meet at club member's houses but have had meetings at pet stores and the Great Lakes WATER Institute.

Meetings are always free and open to the public, but if anyone wants to become a member, the fee is $15.00 per year for an individual or $25.00 per year for a family. Funds help supply food for the meetings and club advertising. Anyone interested in attending a meeting or becoming a member should contact me through any of the means below. Thanks!

Brian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users