Last Minute Trip? NY Area, NJ Area?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Well I would like to get some logperch and rainbow darters. as well as see if i can find anymore of those orangethroats in the albany area....i would also like to go to NJ and catch some Mudd Sunfish and see some blackbanded sunfifsh in NJ. I know its last minute but maybe someone out there around has a free weekend. sat or sunday is good for me. hopefully someone can do something

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Well I would like to get some logperch and rainbow darters. as well as see if i can find anymore of those orangethroats in the albany area....i would also like to go to NJ and catch some Mudd Sunfish and see some blackbanded sunfifsh in NJ. I know its last minute but maybe someone out there around has a free weekend. sat or sunday is good for me. hopefully someone can do something

More darters are always good and a mud sunfish is one of my goal species. I'd love to do a NJ trip.

I am not sure if this weekend is the best though, I have been sick all week this week and I still am sick.

#3 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

ah that stinks...so yeah its looks like NJ for being 4.5 hours isnt gonna happen...and those fish are protected. so that would only be a photo site.

#4 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

I'd stay away from the NJ area anyway justin. Its memorial day weekend. CRAZY traffic. come to PA i'll go out wtih ya!

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

ah that stinks...so yeah its looks like NJ for being 4.5 hours isnt gonna happen...and those fish are protected. so that would only be a photo site.

Darn, they are protected? I worried about that as I knew mud sunnies were gone from most of the northeast but were still in NJ. I heard they are still common in the south though.

They are one of my goal fishes, but I doubt I can keep one without getting a bigger tank first. Lately my 55 gallon tank has a problem where new fish get killed. It reached a limit of sorts.

#6 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

i could do a schoharie trip on sunday. maybe some other new englanders can go. Jan wanted to do a trip with us before that fell through. very good selection of species out there

#7 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

When you come to Jersey let me know. Also, the only traffic in NJ should be on the coast.

#8 Guest_HeadshotZod_*

Guest_HeadshotZod_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

I'd love to try some collecting in NJ. Sorry if this is abit off-topic. My question is that I am totally confused by the laws. It looks like you are allowed to possess any animal except that poisonous octopus, but then you read about collecting baitfish and it can only be used as baitfish within 24 hours. It is so convoluted that it looks easier to get a collecting permit in NY and bring them back to NJ because I don't reside in NY. Any ideas? Because my girlfriend lives close (Ft Montgomery Area)to a bunch of streams that appear to be uneffected by runoff from roads and have some fish in them. I'm going to check some areas out today.

#9 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

i believe josh and i are going to head to schoharie county tomorrow. can anyone join us?

#10 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

i believe josh and i are going to head to schoharie county tomorrow. can anyone join us?

When are you arriving I may just join you guys need some redfin pickeral and longnose gar food. I can take Josh for some N redbellies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users