Official 2013 Kentucky after convention discussion

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Yes, I looked through them without being signed in to any google services. Thanks for sharing them.

#62 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for sharing that Isaac, I was afraid that they would not be able to see them unless they signed up on google plus... glad to find out otherwise!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#63 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Thanks. The G+ page isn't very active. I had to setup a Google account for NANFA to do the Youtube page, and all Google's services are integrated and combined with G+

If you are a Google user (like me) make sure you add NANFA to your G+ circles....and add me too :)

#64 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for linking Jenny's photos. They inspired me to dig through mine and i just finished assembling an "album" in the Gallery Archive. I wish my underwater pictures were better, my camera was new and the water murky but it is fun remembering the great time we all had. Thanks again to Josh and Matt and all those who contributed to a wonderful gathering in new waters.
You can click the green Gallery Archive button at the top of this page or use this link.

http://gallery.nanfa...ers/Casper Cox/

It's best to get an image full size as you can read the full descriptive captions associated with each picture and then just toggle through them.

#65 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Also check out the Convention 2013 album. I added some photos to it

#66 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for linking Jenny's photos. They inspired me to dig through mine and i just finished assembling an "album" in the Gallery Archive. I wish my underwater pictures were better, my camera was new and the water murky but it is fun remembering the great time we all had. Thanks again to Josh and Matt and all those who contributed to a wonderful gathering in new waters.
You can click the green Gallery Archive button at the top of this page or use this link.

http://gallery.nanfa...ers/Casper Cox/

It's best to get an image full size as you can read the full descriptive captions associated with each picture and then just toggle through them.

I love that you guys went to Colonel Sanders Cafe A+ on your Kentuckyismness!!

#67 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Also check out the Convention 2013 album. I added some photos to it

Link for everyone:
http://gallery.nanfa...013 Convention/

#68 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Part of the fun with our NANFA conventions IS getting to visit and see other parts of our country and culture. I have been to places i never would have otherwise and have always enjoyed myself. Having our Kentucky Sunday Snorkel Session rained out we spent the morning at the cottage chatting and looking at our fishy photographs until hunger became pronounced. With a little research i assembled a crew and headed to the chicken mecca down in Corbin and that made for a better day with 11 herbs and spices. Some undone Kentucky affairs were a visit to the Whitley City jail and hearing the Turtleman's call live action. Another adventure to the bluegrass state is called for.
On another somewhat related note the Chattanooga Bakery has donated 2 cases of Moon Pies every year to us since i hosted the 1998 NANFA convention here in my hometown. I know several of you took advantage of their offering cause i saw the crumbs on your lips. Well the Chattanooga Bakery is going live with another product, this time aligned with the 7th generation of Kentucky Beam Bros. at Limestone Branch Distillery. I will be bringing along 2 cases to NC, the only other state where it will be legal.
I am kinda keen on the DoubleDecker Bananna...

Posted Image

#69 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your Kentucky convention photos, Casper and Fritz. They brought back some good memories. I need to look through mine and see if I have a few to share.

#70 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for sharing your Kentucky convention photos, Casper and Fritz. They brought back some good memories. I need to look through mine and see if I have a few to share.

I hope you do, can't wait to see them.

Sent from the Mantaray using tapatalk

#71 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

All three of these Kentucky Convention Photo Links have been added to the NANFA Convention web page... http://www.nanfa.org/convention.shtml

Plus I also added Casper's Virginia Photo Story to the same page (down a few lines in the Virginia Summary of course).

Happy Photo Viewing on a cold day... and make your plans to join us this summer in North Carolina... 2014 Convention details are also on this page!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#72 Guest_Doug_Dame_*

Guest_Doug_Dame_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Despite the weather, that was a lot of fun. Looking forward to 2014.

#73 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

On my way to the convention I stopped at a stream in central Kentucky for a little snorkeling. I was hoping for Splendid Darters, which I started seeing immediately upon entering the water. The fired up Tennessee Shiners and Scarlet Shiners were an awesome surprise.

Posted Image
Splendid Darter

Posted Image
Splendid Darters

Posted Image
Stoneroller

Posted Image
Tennessee Shiner

Posted Image
Tennessee Shiners

Posted Image
Tennessee Shiners

Posted Image
Scarlet Shiner

Posted Image
Scarlet Shiners

#74 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

This was my first convention, and it was a lot of fun. I didn't do any snorkeling during the actual convention, but I did take some phototank shots of some of the fish we sampled during field trip led by Matt and Brian. A couple of these I'm not sure if I'm remembering the ID correctly. Feel free to correct any that are wrong.

Posted Image
Kentucky Arrow Darter, a neat fish, but we didn't catch any with good color

Posted Image
Fantail Darter

Posted Image
Southern Redbelly Dace

Posted Image
Frecklebelly Darter

Posted Image
Bluebreast Darter

Posted Image
Rosyface Shiner

Posted Image
Variegate Darter

Posted Image
Eastern Sand Darter

#75 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

After the convention I drove a couple of hours south and spent a few days visiting and snorkeling with Casper in Tennessee. He was a gracious host and showed me some cool stuff despite most of the local rivers being high and muddy due to heavy rainfall. Afterwards, I spent a little time snorkeling in Alabama and the Florida panhandle. I'll stick mainly to the Tennessee stuff here as the other stuff is straying pretty far from Kentucky.

Posted Image
Tennessee Snubnose Darter

Posted Image
Warpaint Shiner

Posted Image
Banded Sculpin

Posted Image
Tennessee Dace

Posted Image
Redline Darter

Posted Image
Rainbow Shiner (AL)

Posted Image
Brown Darter (FL)

#76 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, but great shots Isaac! It's hard to tell in the pictures, but were the Scarlet and TN shiners over that Stoneroller's nest?
Nick L.

#77 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

OMG
Exquisite!

#78 Guest_itsme_*

Guest_itsme_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Wow, very clear for underwater shots! What software are you using? The one labeled Blackside Darter is something else. If you can give a location for it, we can fiigure out what it is. Awesome photos! Please come to the NC convention!

#79 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

OMG, those are AMAZING!!!!!!

Based on the other fish in that group, that appears to be a Frecklebelly Darter. You went on the KY River trip. Your Rosyface Shiner is a Rosyface. The split from that is the Highland Shiner, Mid/Lower Cumberland and Green River.

Care if I use a few of those photos? The Scarlet and TN Shiner photos are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm so jealous of the Warpaints.....my fav shiner.

#80 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Damn, Isaac those are some amazing photos. Can't wait for spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users