2017 NANFA Convention - Meramec State Park, MO

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 zooxanthellae

zooxanthellae
  • NANFA Member
  • North Carolina

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

No problem, had to check. Thanks anyways Josh.

Tim, I'm in the same boat man, if you are still interested in going maybe we can work something out. 

#22 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

No problem, had to check. Thanks anyways Josh.

If you happen to not find somebody else to split with, let me know. I'm not sure, but I feel like we may be able to squeeze you in, especially if you want to spoon with Matt Knepley. 

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#23 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member
  • Pigeon Watershed, North Carolina

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

If you happen to not find somebody else to split with, let me know. I'm not sure, but I feel like we may be able to squeeze you in, especially if you want to spoon with Matt Knepley. 

Lol, I didn't know you had Matt shacking up with you haha. Appreciate it.

#24 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

Whoooaaaa now! I got the distinct impression I was going to be sleeping on the pull out. Pull out sleepers don't have to share; it's in the by-laws somewhere. Those of you with private rooms are the spooning-enabled set... :P
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#25 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

Tim, I'm in the same boat man, if you are still interested in going maybe we can work something out. 

Yeah absolutely man, I don't plan on being in the room that much anyways haha.

#26 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

To address the cold shoulder,have the presentations been worked out?

Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#27 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

To address the cold shoulder,have the presentations been worked out?

Sorry, I need to update the website some, but I dont think Bob is totally set on presentations , but there are certainly some that he has already got agreements on... let me get on that today.  If you are interested in being a presenter (and I for one would be interested in seeing your presentation, heck I can think of a couple of different presentations I would like to see form you). contact Bob Hrabik directly @ robert.hrabik@mdc.mo.gov

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#28 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

I added some pictures of places and fishes to the website and a link from the convention announcement page.

http://www.nanfa.org...tion/2017.shtml

http://www.nanfa.org...ctureshow.shtml

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#29 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Also added this Lodging Update to the Convention Page:

http://www.nanfa.org...tion/2017.shtml

Lodging Update from our convention host:

- Our drop-dead date to fill the hotel has been graciously moved back from April 15 to May 1. (Yeah!)
- After May 1, if we have not filled all the rooms, WE LOSE OUR MONEY FOR THOSE ROOMS NOT OCCUPIED, NO REFUND. So, we better start filling those rooms people!
- While we are allowed to have up to 4 people in the hotel rooms (6 in the loft rooms), MSP does not provide rollaway beds. So, we will need to bring our own cots/bedding to be comfortable. I am okay with sleeping on a floor (it actually makes my back feel good), so I don’t care but others must be made aware of this.

#30 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

yet more updates regarding the convention (also on the web):

Legal and License Update from our convention host:
We have vetted with the higher ups regarding rules/regs and what we and cannot do for NANFA 2017 Convention, as below:
- No special permits, nor will anyone be required to purchase a Missouri fishing license so long as the collectors (dip nets, seines, snorkeling, etc.) are part of the NANFA Convention trips and not off doing their own thing. HOWEVER, microfishers (using pole-and-line) must purchase a Missouri fishing license.
- Fish may be brought into the state from other states for the NANFA auction, and Missouri fishes may also be auctioned and transported across state lines only under the auspices of the NANFA Convention (between the dates of 8 and 13 June). Before and after that period, it will be illegal to transport fish into or take native fish from Missouri.
- Basically, we are good to go so long as we behave in a reasonable manner and respect the privledges we have been granted.

#31 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

http://www.nanfa.org/convention.shtml

More Convention Updates... including information and pics on this year's convention t-shirt.  The NANFA Shopping Cart is going to be updated shortly.

#32 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'd be interested in an XL quick dry polyester shirt if they are done.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#33 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

I'm officially registered.  I love the shirt logo, but I'd rather hold off for the quick dry shirt also.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#34 taldridge0321

taldridge0321
  • NANFA Member

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

Registered! Looking forward to the convention.

#35 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Rockin' shirt, Olaf! Will definitely pick one of those bad boys up. If there is enough demand to drop the price on the quick dry I might want one, but otherwise I am down for an xl cotton!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#36 Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

This is Iowa Scott.  I am coming to the convention and wondering if anyone that I have roomed with in the past would like to do so again.

#37 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

It will be good to see you again Scott!

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#38 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

yet more updates regarding the convention (also on the web):

Legal and License Update from our convention host:[/size]

We have vetted with the higher ups regarding rules/regs and what we and cannot do for NANFA 2017 Convention, as below:[/size]
- No special permits, nor will anyone be required to purchase a Missouri fishing license so long as the collectors (dip nets, seines, snorkeling, etc.) are part of the NANFA Convention trips and not off doing their own thing. HOWEVER, microfishers (using pole-and-line) must purchase a Missouri fishing license.[/size]
- Fish may be brought into the state from other states for the NANFA auction, and Missouri fishes may also be auctioned and transported across state lines only under the auspices of the NANFA Convention (between the dates of 8 and 13 June). Before and after that period, it will be illegal to transport fish into or take native fish from Missouri.[/size]
- Basically, we are good to go so long as we behave in a reasonable manner and respect the privledges we have been granted.[/size]

Wow.These are very great permissions. I think we should all be tickled with this. Good job Bob, and crew.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#39 sbtgrfan

sbtgrfan
  • NANFA Member
  • Charleston, SC

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

Is anyone camping or is everyone staying in a room? I am trying to figure out if I can actually attend a convention finally, and with camping being a much cheaper option, I'm looking that route. Only thing I'd be worried about is if I sign up to camp and bad weather rolls in I may be in for a fun night(s).

Stephen Beaman
Freshwater Aquarist
South Carolina Aquarium
Charleston, SC

#40 sbtgrfan

sbtgrfan
  • NANFA Member
  • Charleston, SC

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

I'm officially registered and I've officially requested days off of work. See yall in Missouri for my first convention!

I'd also be down for a quick dry shirt.

Stephen Beaman
Freshwater Aquarist
South Carolina Aquarium
Charleston, SC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users