Photo

Anglers won't be happy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dsuperman

dsuperman
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

decdeliversbanner_original.jpg DEC Delivers - Information to keep you connected and informed from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Share or view as a web page || Update preferences or unsubscribe DEC Update on Adirondack Hatchery Power Outage

On May 4, a storm that brought severe high winds to much of upstate New York caused widespread power outages in many locations throughout the North Country, including DEC’s Adirondack Hatchery. Although the backup generator at the hatchery functioned properly during the outage, restored power from the main service line was cut off due to a malfunctioning transfer switch. This malfunction prevented the flow of well water to raceways holding fry, quickly depleting the water of oxygen. It is estimated that 41,000 of the 296,000 fry in the raceways survived.

Landlocked salmon. Understanding that i am ignorant and naive ,why does govt. spend so much time,effort and tax money on giving sport fishing everything they want? So its numbers? people like me don't rate but anglers have the juice?  This native fishkeeping is too frustrating  a hobby ,depending on  where you live. Sorry, I 'll stop beating that blue sucker now.

#2 ShadetreeIchthyologist

ShadetreeIchthyologist
  • Regional Rep
  • Charleston SC

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Why does govt. spend so much time,effort and tax money on giving sport fishing everything they want?

Anglers are a big part (60%+ in most states) of what brings money to the state agency. Keeping the angler happy means a pay check at the end of the day.
"Amateurs can potentially make valuable contributions to our knowledge of fishes". - Etnier and Starnes

#3 riverman1

riverman1
  • NANFA Guest
  • Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

WOW! Very Sad.

#4 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Part of the calculation is that Sport Fishing brings dollars to the economy. In state dollars or out of state dollars; its money for the economy and that's what governments always want. I'm not making a value judgement. This is simply a fact.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users