Photo

South Chick Fishin'

6 replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

SCCGA-Picnic2019.jpg

On the Saturday, June 8th, after the NANFA MS Convention...

The South Chickamauga Creek Greenway Alliance will offer a picnic on the banks of South Chick located on private property.  Lots of varied habitat for a great diversity of fish.

June 8, is also Tennessee's Free Fishing Day, though most of the property is in Georgia.  In fact the state line runs right through the creek and property.

Sunday i would like to head to the Conasauga River for a snorkel in its clear waters, if others are so inclined.

This is a good opportunity for NANFA members to participate and lend a hand educating folks.

We can camp on site that night or i may be able to put up any members who stay overnight.

The next morning we will head to the Conasauga.

Casper

Edited by Casper, 24 April 2019 - 01:52 PM.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

If you can make it this is an event not to be missed.  We have had great fun, great people, great fish. in general its just great.

I have put it on my calendar and I will be inviting all of NANFA Georgia (as the good fishing hole is really on the Georgia side of that line!).

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

Instead of the Conasauga, if conditions are acceptable, i may take folks to the springfed North Chickamauga Creek Sunday where i have for 3 years snorkeled and gathered creek trash for the Tennessee River Rescue.

It is a nice site on a pretty day, lots of plants, fish, and diverse habitat with mill remnants.

We can eat at J. Gumbos afterwards.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#4 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

Reminder as this is the weekend AFTER the MS Convention.

Saturday we can wade and seine the South Chickamauga waters at the GA / TN state line.

Sunday we will snorkel cool, clear waters.

I have alerted our TN Members to this opportunity and Michael has done so for the GA members.

If it is not too hot i will camp Saturday night creekside.

If it IS too hot we can sleep cool at my home.

Casper Cox

#5 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Rain rain rain all weekend... murky high water. No snorkeling, no picnic... C A N C E L L E D.

This early Fall will be the next opportunity, perhaps synced with the Tennessee River Rescue.

Casper Cox

#6 Doug_Dame

Doug_Dame
  • NANFA Member

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

Disappointed for you and the others planning on attending.  

Mother Nature isn't really targeting you (or any of us) personally. It just feels like it sometimes. 

Doug Dame

Floridian now back in Florida

#7 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

Only 2.5" in my rain gauge overall for the weather event.

There were some workable periods during Saturday and i would have enjoyed being out in the elements but the better decision was to cancel it.

The weathermen were quite worked up about it.

Snorkeling would have been turbid for Sunday.

Casper Cox

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users