Ontario Canada Baitfish Primer

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

Ontario Canada baitfish primer
http://www.dfo-mpo.g...appats-on_e.pdf

Why do we not have good stuff like this in the US??????

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

This is excellent!

#3 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

That is what I though also...

It is a simple booklet that could easily just be stashed in a pocket and brought to the stream with you. Plus it is very plain and simple in language about what you can and can not do. Very unlike getting a headache reading state code and skipping through a fishes of and Page and Burr (Petersons) at the same time.

I really like also the use of CAUTION on some fish as well as detailing what is legal and not.
Awesome little guide that we in the states (and maybe NANFA) should be looking at and contemplating how we can make something like this for our own use on a state by state basis...

#4 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:16 AM

It is a simple booklet that could easily just be stashed in a pocket and brought to the stream with you. Plus it is very plain and simple in language about what you can and can not do. Very unlike getting a headache reading state code and skipping through a fishes of and Page and Burr (Petersons) at the same time.

I really like also the use of CAUTION on some fish as well as detailing what is legal and not.
Awesome little guide that we in the states (and maybe NANFA) should be looking at and contemplating how we can make something like this for our own use on a state by state basis...

That link didn't work for me. I'm very intersted in seeing it as an Ontarian. I'm going to be on Lake St.Clair in a couple of weks on a musky charter.

#5 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

I fouind it with a bit of searching and that's great!

#6 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

Here's an updated link. That is a very impressive document. I'm going to print one off for my own use. If I could get an Ohio version of that on waterproof paper, I'd think I died and went to heaven.

#7 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:43 AM

...If I could get an Ohio version of that on waterproof paper, I'd think I died and went to heaven.

LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users