SEWNFC Discovery World aquariums trip & mtg.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

Dear NANFAns,

For the second year in a row, I have been able to coordinate a special event at Discovery World for those interested in native fish in Southeastern Wisconsin. One of the curators at Discovery World/Pier Wisconsin has kindly invited those interested in native fish to a behind-the-scenes tour of the aquariums at Discovery World/Pier Wisconsin. Discovery World will be allowing us to come FREE OF CHARGE. This is an $18.00 per person value! The trip will be at Discovery World at 6:00pm on Saturday, November 15th. YOU MUST REGISTER WITH ME BEFORE THE TRIP TO ATTEND as I have to provide our hosts with a count of attendees before we come. Please call me or email me if you plan on attending. I will have to know how many adults, how many children ages 3-17, and how many children under 3 will be attending.

Also, please note that we will be having our Southeastern Wisconsin Native Fish Club (NANFA affiliate) meeting after the tour at the Discovery World. We plan on having refreshements, some native fish and fish-related items to raffle-off, and possibly more. It'll be a great time for all!

Addtitionally, please note that I still have to coordinate the parking arrangements for this trip. It may be free or a charge of about $8.00 per car. I will post more here as the arrangements are firmed-up.

Discovery World/Pier Wisconsin's address is: 500 North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Check out their website for more info about Discovery World. Their URL is: http://www.discoveryworld.org. For those people coming from out-of-town, please note that the Marquette Interchange project is completed, so you should have no trouble getting to the museum!

Hope to see you there!

#2 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

All,

I was just able to confirm that parking at the Discovery World event is going to be FREE! If you haven't reserved your spot at this event already, I recommend that you do it quickly as spaces are filling-up fast! Again, to reserve your spot, email me or give me a call at (262) 268-7489. You must reserve your spot by Wednesday, November 12th to attend. Hope to see you there!

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
Your on-line resource for American Darters and other Native Fish!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

Edited to add signature line:

Edited by BTDarters, 04 November 2008 - 02:09 AM.

#3 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:08 AM

*bump* for this Saturday's viewing. You will need to sign up today if you still want to come. A little birdy told me that there are going to be party sub sandwiches and refreshments for FREE after the aquarium viewing! :D/

Brian

BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!

#4 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

All,

Well, the Discovery World trip has come and gone. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we had a wonderful time! The tanks were spectacular, the behind-the-scenes were spectacular, and our short meeting went really well. We had party subs, refreshements, a light dessert, and a fabulous mini-auction. The mini-auction consisted of some fish (including High-Color Rainbow Darters), fishy items (like tank hangers and fishy dishware), and a full 20-gallon Aqueon aquarium kit donated by Critter Supply Central of Cedarburg, WI. Thanks to Critter Supply for that! Also, thanks again to Ken Billin and Discovery World for giving us the tour and allowing us to have our meeting there!

You can see some pics of the aquariums here. If you'd like to get on the email mailing list for future Southeastern Wisconsin Native Fish Club (SEWNFC) and BTDarters events, please send an email to newsletter@btdarters.com with the word "subscribe" in the subject line. Thanks for your interest!

Brian

BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users