Photo

2010 convention teaser article

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 AussiePeter

AussiePeter
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

G'day folks

I placed a link to a convention teaser article that I wrote on the convention website, http://www.nanfa.org...tion/2010.shtml It originally appeared in a recent American Currents, and it was reprinted in the Journal of the American Killifish Association. The direct link to the article is http://peter.unmack....ntion1.jaka.pdf A second article in on the way in both journals, I'll post a link to it when it is available.

Two months to go until the convention! I think we have around 15 people signed up so far. Plus Bob Wright has generously volunteered to mail and email various folks to try and garner materials for raffles and auctions.

Cheers
Peter

#2 donkeyman876

donkeyman876
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

It's amazing that a whole species of fish can live in that one small hole, (mind you it is 300ft deep and 342370 gallons) they are such cool fish.

Edited by donkeyman876, 16 August 2010 - 09:12 PM.

I hope my post helps and does not further confuse the reader.

Ben

#3 AussiePeter

AussiePeter
  • NANFA Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Devils Hole pupfish mostly only live in the upper portion of the hole. A few fish do venture down to greater depths though. One really has to see the place to appreciate it best though, it is pretty amazing!

Cheers
Peter

It's amazing that a whole species of fish can live in that one small hole, (mind you it is 300ft deep and 342370 gallons) they are such cool fish.

#4 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

I am really jazzed up about this opportunity. I may even add another week of adventure as Ed is considering driving his VW camper to Nevada from his current place in AK. After the extended tour of Nevada during the convention we will take another week and meander back to TN.
Thanks so much Peter for this opportunity. I plan on making the most of it.
Fish in the Desert.
:)
Who woulda thought.
Snorkel in an oasis. See the stars. Stand in Death Valley. See Hoover Dam. Wrestle a Beaded Lizard.
Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.