We lost a great resource

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

I know at least a few of us here used to go to bluecrayfish.com for answers to specific crayfish questions. Unfortunately the forum had gone down for good it seems. I emailed the owner of the site and he says due to spammers and the time involved in running the site he has just lost the desire to keep it up. I know one of the biologists from the site Dan Johnson is fairly active here and there are some people here who very knowledgeable about inverts who weren't on the forums there so we'll still be able to get answers to questions about crayfish. It's just a shame when a good forum goes down, I got to know some very nice people on that forum.

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Oh no! I had read topics on that forum several times. The people there were extremely knowledgeable and had posted great articles of first hand experience breeding shrimp and crayfish for blue color. I hope they hosted their photos and stories elsewhere, too.

This makes me sad :(

#3 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Oh no! I had read topics on that forum several times. The people there were extremely knowledgeable and had posted great articles of first hand experience breeding shrimp and crayfish for blue color. I hope they hosted their photos and stories elsewhere, too.

This makes me sad :(

I was hoping it was just down for upgrades. Well, if I have a question I'll just send it to you david and come warmer weather if you feel like another drive to PA we can go sampling again.

#4 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm ready to go already Scott lol. I took my son to Ringing Rock park in Upper Black Eddy a couple of weeks ago.There's a small waterfall there that we didn't get a chance to check out. I want to go there in the spring to see what's living in the stream. There should be a nice variety of small fish and crayfish.

Luckily we have some biologists here like Dan Johnson who specialize in crayfish.

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

Asking about native fish keeping on the Blue Crayfish forum is how I found NANFA. I sadly never used the forum since as I have yet to get more than a passing interest in crayfish.

#6 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Asking about native fish keeping on the Blue Crayfish forum is how I found NANFA. I sadly never used the forum since as I have yet to get more than a passing interest in crayfish.

I'm the exact opposite lol. I have more of an interest in crayfish then native fish but I did learn about NANFA from the Blue Crayfish forum as well.

#7 Guest_CrawChief_*

Guest_CrawChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

I hope it's not too bad for me to bump this old thread, but bluecrayfish.com is back. The guy who purchased the site from the old owner still has all the old posts and everything archived. They aren't accessible to the public yet. The issue is, according to the new admin, that the older posts were in some older form of php. He says that he's working hard to get them back, but if a lot of people come back to the bluecrayfish forums, I bet he'll speed up his work to recover them.

#8 Guest_jacksmelt_*

Guest_jacksmelt_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

im over there as well crawcheif and ill post as much as i can to support the site. now that I'm a cray owner ill need all the info i can get.

#9 Guest_CrawChief_*

Guest_CrawChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

im over there as well crawcheif and ill post as much as i can to support the site. now that I'm a cray owner ill need all the info i can get.

Glad to be corresponding with you over there. Hopefully the traffic will pick up to the degree it used to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users