Two waterproof point-and-shoot cameras for sale

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

Hi all--

I have to downsize my collection of things I don't use. Need the space (and could use a few bucks, too!).

I thought I'd offer these here in case anyone needs an easily pocketable, waterproof camera. I bought these a couple years ago for my kids to use and to keep with my fishing gear as backups for my main camera. Turns out I don't really need to have 3 waterproof cameras and my kids haven't been particularly interested in using them.

First is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25. 16 megapixel. Blue. Waterproof to 25 feet. I am pretty sure I have the box, manual, etc. Comes with 1 battery and AC charger.

Here are a couple of images from the web:

front: 41Y7blwdumL._SX425_.jpg and back: dmcts25a-lcd.jpg

On Amazon for $120 or so, going up into $300 range on ebay.

I'd like to get at least $75 for it.

The other is an Olympus TG-810 Tough. 14 megapixel. Black. I may still have box and manual. Has 1 battery. I don't think it has a charger--I always charged it with USB cable. Described on Amazon thus: "dustproof, waterproof to 33' (10 m), freezeproof to 14°F (0°C), and it's tested to survive a 6.6' (2 m) drop as well as 220 lbs of crushing pressure (and the 3" high-resolution display is ultra scratch-resistant)."

Photo from the web:

tg810_hero_black.png

Used on Amazon starting at $160.

I'd like to get $100 for it.

I'll pay the postage.

If you're interested, send me a message.

Thanks.

Olaf

Redhorse ID downloads and more: http://moxostoma.com

#2 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Looks like the Lumix might already be spoken for. NANFAns are fast.

#3 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:39 PM

The Olympus had a nibble, but is still for sale. Anyone interested?

#4 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

I ended up purchasing both cameras from Olaf a couple months ago.  My Pentax WG2 is finished.  Marred lens, seemingly erratic color behavior, and the final nail... leaks with every usage.  I recently opened the box Olaf shipped and to my pleasure the Olympus Tough 810 uses the same batteries as my forsakened Pentax.  I am set well for traveling with 4 batteries and several chargers.

I had sworn off the Olympus brand several years ago because all 3 different models i had leaked and their dismal repair service was shameful.  But with the good deal Olaf offered, hopeful model improvements and the extra batteries i am moving forward with it first, leaving for now the initially desired Lumix boxed.

Yesterday i got in the water and took about a hundred photos and videos.  Even in bright sunlight most all movement was blurred.  I eventually set the ISO to 800 and was able to do a bit better forcing the shutter speed to be faster.  These point and shoots are just not sensitive enough to suit my needs it seems.

Here are a few images...

Attached File  01-CementPondFlow.JPG   103.33KB   0 downloads

Nice color above water.  Both pumps going.  Plants lush in the cool Spring.

Attached File  02-Spawning.JPG   101.06KB   0 downloads

Longears in love.

Attached File  03-Spawn.JPG   72.37KB   0 downloads

I had the LED spotlight on and set to SuperMacro for their swimming state of bliss.

Attached File  04-TheCave.JPG   80.72KB   0 downloads

Split screen.  Not as easy to compose as the Pentax as the lens is set high and thus awkward to view.  I do like the auto sliding lens cover which will help keep the lens from getting scratched.

Attached File  05-TheBeast.JPG   81.69KB   0 downloads

The Beast.  He comes forward as a friend but will bite any finger plunged into the gravel, anywhere there be gravel!  I am concerned about his apex predatory behavior, but uncomfortable with a fish fry weekend.

Attached File  06-Feeding.JPG   50.68KB   0 downloads

Feeding Frenzy.  The fish seem to enjoy leftover chips, sans the salsa.

Most of the photos were way too blurred, deleting near all.  I intend to move the ISO up to 1000 on the next immersal.  Too high and the grainy noise appears, but when is too much for this camera's capabilities?

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#5 Evan P

Evan P
  • NANFA Guest
  • Knoxville, TN

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

The photos look great, Casper! It's cool to see more shots of the cement pond.

3,000-4,000 Gallon Pond Full of all sorts of spawning fishes! http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php/topic/13811-3560-gallon-native-fish-pond/page-3 

#6 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

I worked with the video and composed a short 1 minute video of the spawning activity. The camera only has 3 video settings, unlike the many many on the old Pentax.  I might be able to work with this though...

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#7 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

Very nice.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#8 Evan P

Evan P
  • NANFA Guest
  • Knoxville, TN

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

Are those your local strain?

3,000-4,000 Gallon Pond Full of all sorts of spawning fishes! http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php/topic/13811-3560-gallon-native-fish-pond/page-3 

#9 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Are those your local strain?

Sadly i can not say for sure where they originated years ago.  Probably Conasauga, but possibly South Chickamauga which is TN drainage.  Many generations have been spawned over the years... but are they not handsome!  Too many though, they are predators and will eat anything small and wiggly, which means most of my minnow fry have very little chance of developing.

Casper Cox

#10 Evan P

Evan P
  • NANFA Guest
  • Knoxville, TN

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

Very handsome indeed! You may have to weed some out. I am currently trying to figure out how to possibly switch strains, but that is hard when you have hundreds of fry in the pond.

#11 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

The photos look very nice! But it's too bad you had to raise the ISO so high in order to get sharp photos. Image quality from a small sensor like in those cameras degrades very quickly when raising the ISO. Ideally you would first make sure the aperture is set wide open (lets in the most light) and then make sure the shutter speed is in a good range (not too fast or too slow) before raising ISO at all. But after looking through the manuals for those cameras, I don't think there's any way to directly control the aperture or shutter. So you may be stuck having to raise the ISO higher than it really should have to be in order to get a fast enough shutter speed. But anyway, the images do look very nice. I'm not seeing noise at these web sizes, and I think I'm liking the color better than with your old camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users