Photo

Photography Workshop at Convention

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

Thursday evening June 7 at Clarion Hotel we're planning an INFORMAL fish photography workshop, maybe around 8-ish ?? after enough folks get here, had dinner, etc. Just checking to see who among our many great shooters will be there, and who's willing to stand up & say a few words about their camera, techniques, etc. We'll have fish on display in tanks for demonstrating.

Also, if you have access to some fish photography handouts we could distribute, (or if youre willing to prepare something) that would be GREAT !! for example:

1) special problems in photographing live fish: lighting, reflections, glare, movement, shutter lag, depth of focus ...
2) important features of cameras & lenses for doing fish photos; recommendations for what to buy.
3) techniques for getting good fish pix in the field and at home.

Please respond here if youre willing to participate in the Thursday photo workshop.
If you'd rather post your tips here, one of us can probably pull it all together into a handout.
<< I imagine this has been done a few times before, but i dont know where (or have time) to hunt it down. >>

Thanks in advance for your help; see ya in just SEVEN weeks !! Make your reservations soon.
Gerald Pottern

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#2 Uland

Uland
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

Hey Gerald,

I'll participate. I must warn you that I'm no photographer but sure do take lots of photos. If you take enough, at least one has to be good :smile:
I'll bring some equipment I use in the field as well.
Floats up, lead down

#3 rnbwdarter

rnbwdarter
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

I'm coming to learn! I will bring my new camera that I have no idea how to use properly. :smile: