How does this used 65 gallon tank sound?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

65 gal glass aquarium, flat back hex with wooden cabinet stand. glass cover, hoods with lights, wet/dry filter. other extras. Size is approx 21.5" high and 48.5" wide.

They're asking $195 and I haven't seen it yet. Apparently it's been sitting in their garage for a few years. I asked if it was an acrylic tank but the lady told me it was glass. I assume she is mistaken as it has a pre-filter built into the corner. It also has the blue back that I've seen on similar acrylic tanks. The second part of the filter is in the cabinet the tank sits on. My guess is that you all are familiar with this set up. :)

I would use this for smallish local fish. Watcha think?

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Sounds fishy to me...

#3 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Unless you really want a hex, I think you could get a used tank that size for cheaper. I picked up a used rectangular 65 for $1/gallon last week at the LFS.

#4 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Newt, did your tank come with similar accessories? This one sounds like it's a complete setup.

#5 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

No, just the hood. Sorry, I read your post too quickly and didn't see all the extras; that does seem like a good deal, provided it's all functioning.

#6 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Here's another tank I can get used:

"This is a 55 gallon aquarium that was only in use for 4 months before we decided to upgrade. Comes with a beautiful black laminate stand and a 48in 2x65 watt Current USA PowerCompact Single Satellite Fixture with dual lunar lights and exhaust fans (retails for $109.99). Also includes (4) mounting feet. Package includes many extras:

-ViaAqua Multi-Skimmer Deluxe w/ 5W UV Sterilizer (retails for $154.99)
-(2) 24" VersaTop glass tops (retail for $44.99)

All equipment is in perfect condion. No scratches, build-up, or signs of neglect. Perfect for an easy marine setup."

They want $200 for this traditional glass tank.

#7 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

Sounds like a good deal, would you have to go far for it?

#8 Guest_pmk00001_*

Guest_pmk00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Here's another tank I can get used:

"This is a 55 gallon aquarium that was only in use for 4 months before we decided to upgrade. Comes with a beautiful black laminate stand and a 48in 2x65 watt Current USA PowerCompact Single Satellite Fixture with dual lunar lights and exhaust fans (retails for $109.99). Also includes (4) mounting feet. Package includes many extras:

-ViaAqua Multi-Skimmer Deluxe w/ 5W UV Sterilizer (retails for $154.99)
-(2) 24" VersaTop glass tops (retail for $44.99)

All equipment is in perfect condion. No scratches, build-up, or signs of neglect. Perfect for an easy marine setup."

They want $200 for this traditional glass tank.

I'd take that over the Hex - you could grow some cool plants with 130 over the 55.

I'm not a huge fan of the Current USA model though, there's seperate powercords for the lunar lights and fans and it makes kind of a mess (I'm sure we all have enough cords and tubes as it is) other than that not a bad light for the $$.

#9 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

Sounds like a good deal, would you have to go far for it?

Less than an hour, but there's someone else who saw this one yesterday. The owner is giving them until tomorrow to decide. After that I can have it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users