My Stream Tank Conversion Process

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

was wondering if you had any updated pictures of your tank? I am going to be converting my 55 african tank to native as well.

#22 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

hey man. yeah my tank looks totally different now...its not "stream-like" anymore. i know have the 20 gallon long as the stream tank. the 55 is half stream, half "chillax" zone.

#23 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

hey man. yeah my tank looks totally different now...its not "stream-like" anymore. i know have the 20 gallon long as the stream tank. the 55 is half stream, half "chillax" zone.

if you can post some pics of the 55. I'm trying to get some ideas goin. thanks.

#24 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

here is my just set up 20 gallon tall

this is exactly how i would do the 55 rocks high up on one side..planted on the other. works out well.

Posted Image

#25 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image (thanks Josh Blaylock)

#26 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

that looks goo i think ill do that to the 55. I would love to find some darters but have no idea where to. As of right now i have in my 20L waiting to be tranfered into the 55 are 3 redbreast sunnies and maybe 2 bass? i dont know what they are yet but there are tons of them where i went.

#27 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

well you are from philly...im trying to plan a trip...look in the local section on this site. im from mass but want to go to western pa, or ohio, or virginia....somewhere else and there are lots of darters there. so hopefully we can coordinate something and you can meet some members and join us and you can get some fish that you may not be able to get in your area.

#28 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

possiblilty... im new to all of this just hopped into it maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Love it so far.

#29 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

yeah im new as well. been in this 3 months...my first week in i was driving to new york to meet up with keep natives and caught the coolest fish ever..now its my life..sadly lol. have you been out colletcing yet? when i did it by myself it was ok...but then when i hooked up with keepnatives it was amazing. when you go with people that know the areas its just amazing. im hoping that we can get something together.

#30 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

yeah im new as well. been in this 3 months...my first week in i was driving to new york to meet up with keep natives and caught the coolest fish ever..now its my life..sadly lol. have you been out colletcing yet? when i did it by myself it was ok...but then when i hooked up with keepnatives it was amazing. when you go with people that know the areas its just amazing. im hoping that we can get something together.

i was just out today with a little net scoooping things. brough home 4 fish which are 2 redbreast sunfish and the toher to im not sure of i think they might be bass? they have black vertical barring. all about an inch big.

#31 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

those are fairly common...although the bass will out grow the 55 realllll quick...but catching those are way different then using a seine and catching some cool darters. everytime i go im like a kid in candy store. i just have the most incredible times.

#32 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

those are fairly common...although the bass will out grow the 55 realllll quick...but catching those are way different then using a seine and catching some cool darters. everytime i go im like a kid in candy store. i just have the most incredible times.

i caught them all with just a net lol. how old is everyone that goes out? i'm 24

#33 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

dude we r the youngest...im 26. ive only been out with josh from nh he is around 30 and mike who is 57 according to his profile.

#34 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

dude we r the youngest...im 26. ive only been out with josh from nh he is around 30 and mike who is 57 according to his profile.

so i guess we'll get called the little babies or somethin. great i look forward to that *sarcasm*.

#35 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

nah i dont get made fun of. lol. so i dont know your situation at all. are you allowed to travel at all to do some fishing?

#36 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

nah i dont get made fun of. lol. so i dont know your situation at all. are you allowed to travel at all to do some fishing?

maybe it depends where.

#37 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

maybe it depends where.

yea i hear you. im still waitin to see on what region will accept us to take a trip to. i know we can always go to albany NY area. there are fantail, tessellated, greensides, and logperch darters there. also they have an abundance of shiners and dace. i love going there.

#38 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

where to you go? like creeks? or rivers? i was just lookin in a little stream that led into a pond

#39 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

we go to creeks and streams..they arent deep at all. you wouldnt get wet past your waist.

#40 Guest_sonix215_*

Guest_sonix215_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

hmm you have a facebook? be a lot easier to talk via chat there. http://www.facebook....000&ref=profile my link add me if you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users