Ohio Regional Meeting

81 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:46 PM

Scenicrivers brought this up, and we should start thinking ahead.

Where: I am thinking mid state. Darby maybe.

How long: one or two days?

When: May maybe?

Start at Ellis Dam on the Muskingum River.

Map: http://maps.google.c...&...mp;t=h&z=10

Edited by teleost, 19 May 2008 - 10:22 PM.
New information

#2 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

I say 2 days one on the west side of c-bus, Darby, Dear Creek, Walnut creek, or Salt Creek and one to the east in the Muskingum drainage Kokosing, Wakatomika, Walhonding, lower Kilbuck plenty of time to plan and May sounds good.

#3 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

I say 2 days one on the west side of c-bus, Darby, Dear Creek, Walnut creek, or Salt Creek and one to the east in the Muskingum drainage Kokosing, Wakatomika, Walhonding, lower Kilbuck plenty of time to plan and May sounds good.

This sounds really good to me. I personally would not be available on a Saturday, but you should not plan on my availability. I would be very excited about sampling in the Muskingum drainage. This drainage is where I really started to learn to identify fish. I look forward to it.

#4 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

I'm in!

2 days sounds great.
May is also good for me.
Weekend is preferred.

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

Lets plan this now, so it can be all inclusive. The suggestions so far sound great to me. Matthew, I want you to be able to attend. Tom, and I are self employed, so we may have more flexible schedules. What days can you do?

#6 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

Can us Michigan people come???? We never seem to have meeting or trips....Us that are interested May as well join up with you southern guys that are interested in putting such a thing together..

#7 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Lets plan this now, so it can be all inclusive. The suggestions so far sound great to me. Matthew, I want you to be able to attend. Tom, and I are self employed, so we may have more flexible schedules. What days can you do?

Thanks, I would like to come. In May Friday the 15th and 22nd are already booked on my work schedule, I will have to check for other dates that are booked on Monday. Other than that I am just not available on Saturdays. If you planned a two day event for Saturday and Sunday, I would be sure to attend on Sunday. This is probably the best way to get as many people to attend as possible. But if you wanted to do a Sunday/Monday, I would probably be able to take off a day.

As far as Michigan folks attending I am not sure :lol: , well I guess we could let the Michigan folks come. But the people I'm worried about are from the Pittsburg area :wink: . JK

I am looking forward to this event. I will do some research for sites as options.

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

Richard! I would be so happy to have you!

#9 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

We have a lot of time to work with this, and accomodate all schedules. Lets make this happen so all Ohio members, and many from surrounding states can attend.

#10 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

It just can't be May 20th for me because thats my 2 year aniversery and I don't think Julie would be too happy with me. Looks like thats a Tuesday anyways so it shouldn't be a problem.

#11 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

[quote name='Scenicrivers' date='Sep 7 2007, 08:03 PM' post='19722']

As far as Michigan folks attending I am not sure :lol: , well I guess we could let the Michigan folks come. But the people I'm worried about are from the Pittsburg area :wink: . JK

/quote]
Ha ! Ed are you gonna make it?

#12 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:27 PM

Ha ! Ed are you gonna make it?

Very funny. ;-) I assume part of the joke was misspelling Pittsburgh. What does "JK" mean?

May is a long ways away right now, but I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to make it. I would really like to be there. Unless something totally unforeseen happens... I look forward to seeing you all!

#13 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

JK is an accepted internet form of "just kidding"

#14 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:01 PM

Let me bump this up. We are looking at May. We will avoid the weekend of the 20th, because Brian cannot make it. Matthew Smith, even with this much notice are Saturdays still a NO GO for you? Should we look into accomodations? I suspect many will come from a far enough distance that driving home at night is not an option. Ed for instance, the honorary Ohio member.

Just to throw another curve in this, If this were held down my way. I can provide free accomodations for all at a local retreat center. But my area has less diversity than central Ohio. Though we can be in the Darby in an hour and a half. Or we could meet at the Darby, fly south, and finish down this way.
Lets start talking about this.

#15 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

Let me bump this up. We are looking at May. We will avoid the weekend of the 20th, because Brian cannot make it. Matthew Smith, even with this much notice are Saturdays still a NO GO for you? Should we look into accomodations? I suspect many will come from a far enough distance that driving home at night is not an option. Ed for instance, the honorary Ohio member.

Just to throw another curve in this, If this were held down my way. I can provide free accomodations for all at a local retreat center. But my area has less diversity than central Ohio. Though we can be in the Darby in an hour and a half. Or we could meet at the Darby, fly south, and finish down this way.
Lets start talking about this.

I know Scenicrivers still wants to get the 50' seine out as well this spring. We could do an across Ohio tour :) , that would be really cool.

#16 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

I would have to check with Julie for sure but I would like to host this one, we just bought a house dead center in the state and would have enough room for some tents in our back yard or room on the floor in the basement. I would also like to do some sampling in the upper Muskingum drainage. I feel the Darby is wonderful but there are streams in the Muskingum drainage that are just as nice and just as diverse (they just don't get all the hype for some reason), and within minutes of my house. I just moved here so it will take some scouting but I beleive by mid May I could have some great spots picked out and permission granted if needed. And if everyone really wants to go to the darby, I'd be up for it on the second day. Oh ya and can't be the weekend of the 20th thats my 2 year anniversery, aside from that I'm flexible, and have a very flexible work schedule.

#17 Guest_truf_*

Guest_truf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

Count me in! I've been wanting to go to the Big Darby Creek, Paint Creek, and Deer Creek areas for a while.

#18 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

I suspect many will come from a far enough distance that driving home at night is not an option. Ed for instance, the honorary Ohio member.

Or we could meet at the Darby, fly south, and finish down this way.

Ed doesn't mind driving at night, at least not from central Ohio. Columbus is only a 3.5-hour drive. I could be home and in bed at a reasonable hour. A weekend trip would be nicer, though.

I like Brian's idea. I want to get into the Muskingum drainage. A weekend trip in central and east-central Ohio would be cool.

If we were to do the Darby and southern Ohio, could we do it in reverse? Head north to the Darby at the end, and part ways from there? That might make a good day trip, or maybe a separate weekend trip from the one Brian is talking about.

#19 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:46 AM

Ed doesn't mind driving at night, at least not from central Ohio. Columbus is only a 3.5-hour drive. I could be home and in bed at a reasonable hour. A weekend trip would be nicer, though.

I like Brian's idea. I want to get into the Muskingum drainage. A weekend trip in central and east-central Ohio would be cool.

If we were to do the Darby and southern Ohio, could we do it in reverse? Head north to the Darby at the end, and part ways from there? That might make a good day trip, or maybe a separate weekend trip from the one Brian is talking about.

I don't care where it is, I'll be there. I would prefer a weekend trip. I still think an across Ohio trip would be cool.

#20 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

Can us Michigan people come???? We never seem to have meeting or trips....Us that are interested May as well join up with you southern guys that are interested in putting such a thing together..

Maybe you, Richard, could plan a Michigan trip? Maybe the Raisin?

Everyone,
there are big invasive Fundulus catenatus (Northern Studfish) in John Bryan State Park (8 miles north of Xenia, OH).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users