Snail Eggs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

I must have had a few "hitch-hikers" in my plants/wood/rocks :) . I believe the snail that laid these was not an aquarium strain... For size comparison, the entire egg "pouch" is about the size a dime.

Posted Image

I'd love to show you the whole tank "Spring Creek" tank...but I can't seem to get a good image of the whole tank...I'll fight with lighting and try again though.

#2 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

You take such marvellous photographs. This actually helps me, since I have something very similar on the underside of some floating driftwood. (That in itself calls for some feat of snail acrobatics.) My issue is that I only have 2 snails, of different species. I have had them for at least a couple of months. I guess I am ignorant of snail bird-and-bees stuff. They must store things away waiting for good spawning conditions.

#3 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

I must have had a few "hitch-hikers" in my plants/wood/rocks :) . I believe the snail that laid these was not an aquarium strain... For size comparison, the entire egg "pouch" is about the size a dime.

I'd love to show you the whole tank "Spring Creek" tank...but I can't seem to get a good image of the whole tank...I'll fight with lighting and try again though.

Judging by shell formation, they look like pond snails. I have some and the egg masses they lay look exactly like that.

Bullhead: Snails are hermaphrodites. Some species are capable of self-reproduction. Others will mate and both parents lay eggs. If your snail species are similar, then they may have hybridized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users