Photo

Is there anywhere I can purchase Northern Pike? Pickerel?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ToothyCritter

ToothyCritter
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:42 AM

I have a nice garden pond I built, about 12 x 15 and about 5-6 feet deep. Planted with aquatic plants, checked the pH levels, little waterfall to keep the water flowing and everything.

But I can't seem to find anyone that sells Pike, or even Pickerel. I had tried Jonah's Aquarium, sent them an email about Grass Pickerel, got a few quick responses but haven't heard from them in about 3 weeks so I don't know what's going on there. I'm extremely interested in a Northern under 12" or a Pickerel under about 8", but I can't find anywhere to purchase one. I'd like them on the smaller end so they can grow and live awhile. Anyone have any advice?

#2 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:17 PM

Sachs might have them.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#3 ToothyCritter

ToothyCritter
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

Update: texted my order to Jonah's Aquarium instead of email, got a quick response. Ordered a few Grass Pickerel. Really like how helpful they were with any questions I've had. Now all that's left is the Pike. Not sure if I'll be able to find one for my pond or not but I'm definitely still interested if anyone knows of someone who sells them.

#4 PBK

PBK
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:33 PM

Pike may not be a good choice for a pond that doesn’t stay cool during the summer. I think the northerns will pick off the pickerel eventually unless you have lots of other prey fish in the pond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users