• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 utzryan

utzryan
  • NANFA Guest
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:32 PM

Hey all,

I'm a stream ecologist and professor at a small school in Pittsburgh, PA. I recently got a contract with Falcon Guides to write the following popular science title: A Field Guide to Rivers and Streams: Understanding Flowing Waters and Aquatic Life. The work will attempt to convey river science to any interested folk.

I will have a chapter on fish, of course, and would love to showcase some of the work that you all do within it. The permissions contract they've given me does not prohibit use of a shot in any way.

If you're interested in discussing details I would love to hear from you. My professional address is: rutz@chatham.edu

Hope to hear from you,

Ryan

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

check out the gallery archive and then you can reach out to me and I can usually put you in touch with any of the photographers... 

Saline+Shiners.jpg

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 swampfish

swampfish
  • NANFA Member

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

My fish photos are not as good as many in the NANFA Gallery Archive, but I have many good quality photos of aquatic insects, other freshwater invertebrates, and aquatic plants that I use in presentations on those subjects. I am willing to share them for your book. Contact me at pnixon@illinois.edu.

Phil Nixon

Retired University of Illinois Entomologist

#4 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:14 AM

Are you planning to focus mainly on stream biology & ecology, or will it also cover the physics of stream formation, fluvial geomorphology, etc?  Sounds like a neat project!

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users