Photo

Darterfest

4 replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:16 PM

May 23, a Sunday, at the Avondale Brewery in downtown Birmingham, AL.

Some might remember it was at the Peoples Brewery near RR Park.

This is a different brewery, to the East.

https://www.eventbri...arch&keep_tld=1

Good for drinking beer, eating from food trucks and listening to music... but i have additional ideas...

The Festival benefits the Turkey Creek nature Preserve.

Vermilion, Watercress and Rush Darters are nearby.

Some of the water is snorkelable.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#2 Robert Lamb

Robert Lamb
  • NANFA Member

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:24 PM

Sounds like a good time. Would love to see those darters in person, along with nearby Tuskaloosa darters. Sadly it lands on a bad day for me 

#3 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:42 PM

Attached File  (((DarterFest2016.pdf   1023.37KB   5 downloads

This is an article from NANFA's American Currents and the BioBlitz / Darterfest 3 day event way back in April 2016.

Perhaps being motivational to do our own Snorkel Blitz / Darterfest Visit these 5 years later.

Charles Y has given me a go ahead to camp at Turkey Creek Nature Preserve and have access to their new pavilion, restrooms and electricity for Friday and Saturday nights leading up to Sunday's Darterfest nearby in Birmingham.  I suggested we make a minimum contribution of $10. a night to the TCNP as a thank you.

We had a great time 5 years ago so i'm thinking again and snorkel in some clear water, camp, and cook by fire.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#4 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:14 PM

Not sure if I can go but I sure would like to.  I was supposed to be on the "Friends of Turkey Creek" mailing list but I never got a single email from them. 

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#5 El Todd

El Todd
  • NANFA Member
  • Silver Spring Md

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:37 PM

Not sure if I can go but I sure would like to.  I was supposed to be on the "Friends of Turkey Creek" mailing list but I never got a single email from them. 

Is that why you're irate? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users