Photo

2021 NANFA Convention

19 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:14 PM

After more than a year we are going to have our South Carolina Convention NANFACon2021 October 8-9.

More details to come, but feel free to ask questions or talk about your plans here.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 El Todd

El Todd
  • NANFA Member
  • Silver Spring Md

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:15 AM

Is it in Columbia?

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:25 PM

Yes, Dustin is going to still host as a "do over" of the 2020 that we had to cancel.  As I understand it he is going to try to obtain a lot of the same arrangements as before.  There are a few things that he will have to do differently of course but we wanted to try to give everyone a chance to get together.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:36 PM

Excellent News.

Hats off to Dustin.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#5 swampfish

swampfish
  • NANFA Member

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

Thanks to Dustin and the Board for getting the Convention rescheduled. I am planning to attend.

I have always been in favor of fall conventions with the higher numbers of "fish of the year" to be collected over spring conventions with swollen streams and muddy roads from spring rains even though the darters and minnows are in breeding colors.

Phil Nixon

#6 El Todd

El Todd
  • NANFA Member
  • Silver Spring Md

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:17 PM

Are blackbandeds on anyone else's list?

#7 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 28 June 2021 - 08:29 AM

It looks like I can't make it this time.  I'm so bummed.  I was looking forward to the one that got cancelled.  This time, unfortunately for me, I have too much going on with work, etc. and can 't take the time off.  I will try and make one of these events.  I want to meet everyone in person, so I will attend at least one.  

Kevin Wilson

#8 Klaus

Klaus
  • NANFA Member

Posted 28 June 2021 - 10:37 AM

after many years hiatus, I am planning to attend.  Fingers are crossed for good weather.

Klaus

#9 lawkent

lawkent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:19 AM

Thank you so much for re-organizing! I certainly will attend and look forward to seining with friends! LAWRENCE

#10 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 14 July 2021 - 11:58 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

#11 lawkent

lawkent
  • NANFA Guest
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:40 PM

Looking forward to this convention, but I noticed there are only two dates listed. I believe in Mississippi we had a day of lectures and two days to collect. Will the program in South Caroline involve only one day of collecting?

I am Lawrence Kent in Seattle

#12 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 24 August 2021 - 12:50 PM

Been waiting for our leadership to make a posting here but the SC rescheduled NANFA 2021 convention is no more due to the ongoing Covid concerns.

Looking ahead to our 50th anniversary in our founder's home state in 2022.  John Bondhus.  We have a great team of hosts.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#13 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:25 PM

Info provided by co-host Ray Katula...

June 11th, a Saturday, 2022.

Winona, MN.   Right on the Mississippi River.  Rough Fish Round Up Friday night.

Place:  St. Mary's University which has the Phil Cochran Auditorium, a former contributing member of NANFA.

Events starting Thursday, June 9 running through Sunday, June 12.

I plan to go early and stay late.

Casper Cox

#14 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 25 August 2021 - 04:14 PM

Thank you for the notification Casper.  Not what I wanted to hear, but glad to know.

#15 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 01 September 2021 - 03:36 PM

LOVE the idea (plan!) for a MN convention!  I've never fished there!  I don't know why!   :biggrin:

#16 Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 September 2021 - 10:10 AM

I already carved time out of my schedule and planned the trip with friends and family.  Iowa Scott is driving to South Carolina as if there were still a convention.  Anyone want to join me? 

Casper and Mark, a trip to Minnesota routes you directly through Iowa Scott's neck of the woods.  Just sayin'.

#17 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 08 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

Thinking of doing ALA in October, so probably won't be there when you're there.  But I'm sure you'll figure out how to have a good time!

I already carved time out of my schedule and planned the trip with friends and family.  Iowa Scott is driving to South Carolina as if there were still a convention.  Anyone want to join me? 

Casper and Mark, a trip to Minnesota routes you directly through Iowa Scott's neck of the woods.  Just sayin'.

#18 Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:12 PM

Iowa Scott (me) is planning to fish in Northern South Carolina and/or Southern North Carolina on 10/8 and 10/9 for fieryblack and greenhead shiners.  Care to join us? 

#19 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:38 PM

Be sure and write a trip report with photos.  I will be in the Conasauga and then back down to Summerville.

Casper Cox

#20 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:02 AM

I'm tied up this weekend.  Bring your bolt cutters!   :biggrin:

Mark

Iowa Scott (me) is planning to fish in Northern South Carolina and/or Southern North Carolina on 10/8 and 10/9 for fieryblack and greenhead shiners.  Care to join us? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users