small urban stream

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_phatfish_*

Guest_phatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

went out today for 1.5 hours. i cought southern red belly dace vary cool fish fantail darters, rainbowdarters,longperch, horny head chubs,black nose dace,common shiner red fin shiner, lots of large mouth bass fry. all this out of one maybe 50 yard streach of stream, i need a sien any idea where you can get a good one? any way it was a good day next week i think i will go trout fishing in the morning and collect in the afternoon.

#2 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

went out today for 1.5 hours. i cought southern red belly dace vary cool fish fantail darters, rainbowdarters,longperch, horny head chubs,black nose dace,common shiner red fin shiner, lots of large mouth bass fry. all this out of one maybe 50 yard streach of stream, i need a sien any idea where you can get a good one? any way it was a good day next week i think i will go trout fishing in the morning and collect in the afternoon.

thats a very nice list
sounds like a healthy creek.
did you get any pictures?
here is a link to a members site that some would say has the best nets around.
i need a new one as well.

http://forum.nanfa.o...ck-on-the-site/

#3 Guest_phatfish_*

Guest_phatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

no pics but i can get some of my tank with some dace and chubs/stonerollers. yeah the creek has an amazing aray of fish for running through a town.

#4 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

I gotta ask, where are you? And a lot of places sell seines, from bait stores (usually not so good) to companies online like Memphis Twine, or some of the vendors on the Forum. It all depends on what you need.

#5 Guest_phatfish_*

Guest_phatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

Southern Minnesota in a town of 30,000 or so.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users