Greetings from Idaho

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Keene_*

Guest_Keene_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hello, my name is Keene and I currently have fifty-five gallon with one 5" largemouth bass, two about 5" yellow perch, two as of yet unID'ed sunfish that are about 4" each and one large also unidentified species of catfish I found as a baby in feeder tank that is now 7" long. I am aware I will need new tanks soon and am glad to be a part of this forum.

#2 Guest_gzeiger_*

Guest_gzeiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you know you're going to need a monstrous tank for those fish as adults, even if the catfish isn't something ridiculous like a channel cat. This might be a good time to think about a custom plywood tank with a viewing window rather than spending a lot of money on a glass tank that they will outgrow again. If you do go with glass I'd probably go up to a 250 or 300 and not mess with intermediate sizes. They might be ok in that size tank in the long run, again depending what the catfish is.

I assume your tank is well covered or you wouldn't still have the bass, but keep in mind that they are fantastic jumpers and that fish will be dead as soon as he sees a fly on the other side of an opening in the top.

#3 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

Welcome Keene. You've come too the right place, that's quite the number of fish you have. With a few decent photos someone around here should be able to i.d your fish. Were all of them caught on hook and line? ope you find everything you need on here.

#4 Guest_Keene_*

Guest_Keene_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Welcome Keene. You've come too the right place, that's quite the number of fish you have. With a few decent photos someone around here should be able to i.d your fish. Were all of them caught on hook and line? ope you find everything you need on here.

Yes, with the notable exception of the catfish from the local Petco's feeder tank. They were also all caught from the same place and at the same time.

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

Yes, with the notable exception of the catfish from the local Petco's feeder tank. They were also all caught from the same place and at the same time.

Welcome to the forum Keene, interesting name, their is a Keene two towns north of where I live. :)

I am curious on the ID of the catfish myself, i never heard of a feeder tank catfish before.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users