The New Guy

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dcravens_*

Guest_dcravens_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Hello everybody,

New to the forum, I personally don't have any native fish but have always been interested in fish even though most of my aquariums are reserved for dart frogs (I've kept tropical fish and Saltwater in the past). Anyways long story short I'm currently taking an Ichthyology class at Eastern Kentucky University and after going on a class trip to a section of the Cumberland river drainage, I've absolutely become enamored with the natives that we were catching in our seine nets in the stream. Which consisted mainly darters and several species of shiners. So now I'm contenting myself with doing my research and hopefully setting up in the future an empty 55 I have as a Cumberland stream aquarium.

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

A Cumberland drainage tank will be quite impressive. Kentucky is a fantastic state for a native fish enthusiast to learn. Welcome to the forum.

#3 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Welcome to the forum Cravens. A Kentucky native tank would be amazing. Kentucky darters are absolutely amazing as are the sunfish and gar down that way. You should have some fun with that tank.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users