Why am I still listed as a guest?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_az9_*

Guest_az9_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

Just wondering why I'm still listed as a guest after I paid my membership and it's cleared Pay Pal? No big deal just wondering.

#2 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

Just wondering why I'm still listed as a guest after I paid my membership and it's cleared Pay Pal? No big deal just wondering.

az,
Thanks for joining NANFA!

The forum is not linked to PayPal and will not automatically update any members status. In other words, your limited forum data is regularly checked against a database.
Several things can slow down or even prevent a members status from being updated.
First, a payment is made and then must clear.
Then our membership coordinator must update the database and deliver it.
Next the updated list needs to be checked and crosschecked against the forum members.
In many cases (including yours) emails used to sign up to the forum do not appear on the database. People might want to maintain anonymity or use different email addresses for various reasons.
Naturally, if we are unable to reference a forum member to the database, we can't easily update their status. Since the forum can be completely anonymous, natural obstacles exist in maintaining membership status.

It can take a couple of weeks before a member is updated through the normal process and we continue to encourage new NANFA members on the forum to contact me via PM to make sure their status is updated in a timely manner.
I will usually ask questions that will only appear on the database in order to link that particular member to a specific NANFA membership account. This way your anonymity will be maintained on the forum.

I hope this answers your question and I'll be contacting you shortly via PM.

If any NANFA member is not being accurately represented and requires a status change, please contact me via PM or email!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users