Little River Jetties

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kingkilla_*

Guest_kingkilla_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

Has anyone ever collected around this area? Im going to be down there serveral times this year andI was wanting to do some collecting. So, what are some of the things i can collect there, what do I need to collect in this area, and are there any restrictions on any species down there?

#2 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

You might want to tell us WHERE you're talking about.
There's probably a hundred or so "Little Rivers" in North America.

#3 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Yes, this could be a HUGE help. Without this info, we can't tell you anything about legality, species you could collect, or places some of us have been.
Now, I have heard of the Little River jetties near Myrtle Beach, SC. Is this where you are talking about?

#4 Guest_kingkilla_*

Guest_kingkilla_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

Yes, The Little River Jetties on the NC/SC border.

#5 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

My Mom lives in Little river SC. Tell her I said hi! :tongue: How are you planning on getting to the jetties? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they really far down the beach from the nearest access point at sunset beach?

#6 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

I'm not familiar with the area and unsure if you meant you'd actually be collecting in the area of the jetties, but by mid-summer you should be able to find a wide assortment of stray reef fish among the jetty rocks. Butterflies, angels and damsals for sure. Probably blennies and others. Hard to see them unless you snorkle. Seining is not too productive around the rocks and most species will use overhead structure so dip netting from above is not productive.

#7 Guest_kingkilla_*

Guest_kingkilla_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

My Mom lives in Little river SC. Tell her I said hi! :tongue: How are you planning on getting to the jetties? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they really far down the beach from the nearest access point at sunset beach?

Yeah its a pretty long walk down the beach but I have a boat so its only about a twenty min. ride.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users