Native Trout

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

A few years ago, I got to spend a week turkey hunting in Lycoming county PA and after a mornings hunt, we went fishing in the big & little pine & some of its tributaries. I miss fishing the tribs there because of the fiesty native brookies. Beautiful fish. Does anyone know if theres any place like that near the lehigh valley (my zip code is 18103)? I'd love to take my photography tank out with me with a few barbless hooks & spend the day fishing. PM me if you'd like to share any info.

#2 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

There's a state forest not too far from you called Delaware state forest. I've only been there once and it was 15+ years ago but it was a beautiful mountain stream complete with a waterfall and least one deep pool. I remember seeing some trout in the water but i hadn't brought a pole. You do have to hike in a couple of miles but that just means less fishing pressure. The only landmark that I remember was that we drive under Rte 80 by the NJ/PA and it was just on the northern side of it.

#3 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

There's a state forest not too far from you called Delaware state forest. I've only been there once and it was 15+ years ago but it was a beautiful mountain stream complete with a waterfall and least one deep pool. I remember seeing some trout in the water but i hadn't brought a pole. You do have to hike in a couple of miles but that just means less fishing pressure. The only landmark that I remember was that we drive under Rte 80 by the NJ/PA and it was just on the northern side of it.

I know the area, Its on route 209. I drive thru there going to see family in eldred ny. I see lots of deer, turkey & the occassional black bear driving thru there. I've wanted to go up there hiking some day. I'll have to remember my ultra light rod I just picked up.
My rods are all medium or medium heavy since I go mostly for channel cats at the local lake and the occassional stocked trout. But my daughter turns 4 in may & Im taking her out for the first time on 4/2 so I needed a rod that will make panfish fun to catch for me. She picked out a barbie pole.

#4 Guest_creekcrawler_*

Guest_creekcrawler_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Heh.

You could try my tank

#5 Guest_brookiechaser_*

Guest_brookiechaser_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

PA WILD TROUT STREAMS

Try this...PA keeps a list available of all known wild trout streams in the state.

More PA Trout Info

Edited by brookiechaser, 22 February 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#6 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Heh.

You could try my tank

Ok, barbless hooks. Is this an artificials only, flyfishing only tank or is live bait acceptable? How big are they? What tank size is that? Are they natives or stock trout? They look in excellect condition. Any attempted spawns?

Thank you everyone.

Edited by exasperatus2002, 24 February 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users