I found this design online. Please tell me what you think of it:
How to Fabricate the [Bristle Worm] Trap
* Use a kitchen type container or a used food container made out of plastic. Make sure you have lid for the container. The container needs to be opaque. I have outlined this before. After you have added the food to the trap, lower the container in the water and let it fill with water.
* Place it in the area where you think the bristle worm or whatever else you need to trap resides or hides.
* Before doing this though you need to prepare the trap:
* In the lid make an X shaped cut with a razor blade.
* The size of the X should be just smaller than the thickness of the worm, or Mantis shrimp, or whatever else you are trying to catch.
* Gauge the thickness carefully as the size of the opening in the lid needs to be slightly smaller than the size of the animal you are trying to trap. This is probably the only difficult part in the whole process. Remember that worms can make themselves real thin.
* Push the four pieces of plastic that are loose as a result of the X cut inwards, at about a 45 degree angle. You can do this with your fingers or a tool. They should remain in that position. This is important (see below).
* This allows the animal you want to trap to get in easily, but makes it hard for the animal to get back out. As it tries to get out, the pieces you pushed in will want to come back up as a result of the pressure the animal exerts on them. That is what makes it hard for the animal to get back out of the trap.
Modifications to the design and other ideas greatly appreciated.