NANFA Georgia July 2

3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Announcing NANFA Georgia Summer 2011...

NANFA Georgia will be meeting in Albany, Georgia for a Flint River Canoe Trip as the Georgia NANFA summer event on July 2nd. Several folks have expressed an interest and I think that we can have a lot fo fun. I have found an outfitter that will put us in the water pretty much in Albany and has a takeout point abour 6 miles or so, down the river. Should be a nice few hours, and we can figure out how to stop and maybe snorkel or seine (a manybe even photograph a bluestripe shiner). There are lots of other interesting fish in teh Flint River Drainage, so we should have a good opportunity to see some stuff that we don't normally run into in North Georgia.

I will also start getting all of the logistics together so that everyone will know what's going on. Anyone who wants to join in on that one is welcome... will definitely take a couple of extra seine hands to get Cyprinella... they are fast and strong. I dont have any plans yet, for food, or transportation or anything, but we can start working it out once we see how many folks are going.

Any of y'all that are interested let me know and I will start pulling the details together...

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 Guest_Doug_Dame_*

Guest_Doug_Dame_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Fact: little fish never expect people to sneak up on them in boats.

You are SO dang cunning !!!

I'm in.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Bumping this and providing a link that gives a little information on the canoe outfitter that we are planning to take... right now I think that I have about three people that have already said 'yes' and one of those may be bringing a guest. Anybody else that is interested needs to contact me before Wednesday (when I need to call the guy and make a commitment on the number of canoes that we will need).

http://www.mitchellc.../riverpark.html
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

I've got 5 folks committed to attend... would be nice to have at least one more... even numbers will work better for getting canoes...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users