Jordan river

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beanosvaughn_*

Guest_beanosvaughn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

I had my first succesful collecting trip!I went to the Jordan river and fished for a while with no luck and then went over to a marshy pond that was crawling with western mosquitofish and fathead minnows.I caught tons of mosquitofish and one fathead minnow with a dip net. The fathead minnow and 2 mosquitofish went home with me.I was surprised at how quickly the mosquitofish adapted to tropical flakes. I had lots of fun and collected my first fish.

#2 Guest_Elijah_*

Guest_Elijah_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

I had my first succesful collecting trip!I went to the Jordan river and fished for a while with no luck and then went over to a marshy pond that was crawling with western mosquitofish and fathead minnows.I caught tons of mosquitofish and one fathead minnow with a dip net. The fathead minnow and 2 mosquitofish went home with me.I was surprised at how quickly the mosquitofish adapted to tropical flakes. I had lots of fun and collected my first fish.

Nice!
Male fatheads are pretty cool during spawning season. If you add a new male to a tank with another that has established territory they get a striped pattern really quickly. It doesn't last, but pretty to cool to wATCH.

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

I was surprised at how quickly the mosquitofish adapted to tropical flakes.

Really? Hey, live and learn!

Seriously, I'm glad you had a good time. There's many more ahead. I recall starting my dipnet experience with mossies - and I was proud of 'em!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users