Regional Rep

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

What is the process of being a regional rep for NANFA? Is this board appointed or do you have to be a professional in the field? Does KY have a regional rep? Are there certain duties that are in involved with this?

I'm just curious of the position.

#2 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Josh, see here for the details regarding being a regional rep and, no, Kentucky does not currently have one. You'd be perfect...

http://www.nanfa.org/regrep.shtml

#3 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

You'd be perfect...

Agreed! :)

Todd

#4 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

I think you would make a great rep. too Josh.

On that note I see Indiana is lumped in with Illinois, I would be interested in a Indiana rep spot.

Edited by Mike, 24 August 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#5 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

Also think you would be great Mike. The lumping had more to do with the first rep living in Terra Haute (which made it flexible) than anything else. I'd encourage you to make this suggestion. Charlie will know this history.

Todd

#6 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

Yep, I have been wondering when Ky. would get a rep. Glad to see that you are interested Josh.

#7 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Yep, I have been wondering when Ky. would get a rep.

As of 9/22, KY now has one.

#8 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Josh and congratulations.

#9 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Mass and my area doesnt have one. i applied for it...got a few emails telling me what was expected....i agreed with the expectations then was never told anything again lol

congrats!

Edited by bumpylemon, 26 September 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#10 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Mass and my area doesnt have one. i applied for it...got a few emails telling me what was expected....i agreed with the expectations then was never told anything again lol

congrats!

as of oct 5th Mass has one! lol

#11 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

congrats!

#12 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

as of oct 5th Mass has one! lol

Congrats, Bumpy!

#13 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

Congrats, Bumpy!

thank you!!!

#14 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

thank you!!!

Congrats bumpy. Your knowledge of just about every region in mass due to your widespread sampling would come in useful for the job. You Know alot about the local fishes, found just about every species in your state, and have education experience. All this would add up to making you a great regional rep. All you got to do is remember to show interest in species that are "been their done that" to you when new samplers are enthusiastic about them.

Congradulations on the position.

I have considered becoming a rep for my state but I lack confidence in IDing young shiners, lack confidence in general, and have not sampled enough outside my local drainage.

#15 Guest_Doug_Dame_*

Guest_Doug_Dame_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

The first obligation of every new regional representative is to convene a creekside gathering of the faithful from the region (+300 miles), so that the new missionary/leader can be blessed with a ritual dunking, and then lead the congregation in a seine of praise.

Sometimes the directives from National HQ are unclear on this bureaucratic detail, but it is a mandatory part of the confirmation and probationary period.

They probably didn't share the full details on the probationary part yet either, did they?

[sigh.]

If you organize one field excursion for NANFAns / stream clean-up / educational experience with an authentic K-12 class, per month, for a year, that is good enough. Producing a full-color pdf fish reference guide of 20 or more pages to fish in a drainage exceeding 800 square miles (if east of the Mississippi, excluding Maine and Georgia, or 1200 square miles otherwise), following the T-Crail model, counts as the equivalent of 6 excursions. (As long as you don't plagiarize it all from Peterson's.)

All this is covered in the intro packet (in the fine print), you'll be getting it soon.

Congratulations indeed to our new Regional Reps !!!

When and where will we be convening ???

#16 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

The first obligation of every new regional representative is to convene a creekside gathering of the faithful from the region (+300 miles), so that the new missionary/leader can be blessed with a ritual dunking, and then lead the congregation in a seine of praise.

Sometimes the directives from National HQ are unclear on this bureaucratic detail, but it is a mandatory part of the confirmation and probationary period.

They probably didn't share the full details on the probationary part yet either, did they?

[sigh.]

If you organize one field excursion for NANFAns / stream clean-up / educational experience with an authentic K-12 class, per month, for a year, that is good enough. Producing a full-color pdf fish reference guide of 20 or more pages to fish in a drainage exceeding 800 square miles (if east of the Mississippi, excluding Maine and Georgia, or 1200 square miles otherwise), following the T-Crail model, counts as the equivalent of 6 excursions. (As long as you don't plagiarize it all from Peterson's.)

All this is covered in the intro packet (in the fine print), you'll be getting it soon.

Congratulations indeed to our new Regional Reps !!!

When and where will we be convening ???

This is great.

I will be taking a trip to the Red River this weekend...however, I hope Aaron (GreenRiverKY) doesn't dunk me or it could be a long walk back to Lexington, :mrgreen: I could lead the seine of praise though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users