Hello! :)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alyssa_*

Guest_Alyssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm from Northern California, near Sacramento!

I've been getting more and more into conservation and recently started getting re-interested into our native fishes as well.

I have kept tanks all my life, but got out of the hobby for a while about6 years ago, so I am finally coming back into it and getting interested in doing a lot more species dedicated keeping along the way. As I re-entered the hobby, I wound up getting my fiance interested in it as all, and he was very interested in doing tank keeping while helping by combining it with conservation ... so he might join this forum a little later on as well, lol!

Anyways, found this forum a few weeks ago when researching Elassoma gilberti as I'm rather interested in dedicating a tank to them.

Good to meet everyone and I loo forward to learning a lot!

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Oh hi! I'm the Okiimiru that was on the ratemyfishtank.com website with the Elassoma gilberti. It's nice to see you here :)

Edit: (If that's where you saw them. Didn't mean to assume)

Edited by EricaWieser, 03 December 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Guest_Alyssa_*

Guest_Alyssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Oh hi! I'm the Okiimiru that was on the ratemyfishtank.com website with the Elassoma gilberti. It's nice to see you here :)

Edit: (If that's where you saw them. Didn't mean to assume)

Hi there! Yup I think it was you! But it was off of YouTube ...

Edited by Alyssa, 03 December 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#4 Guest_Aquaman_*

Guest_Aquaman_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Welcome Alyssa.

I am new as well as I have been keeping tanks for a long time. Natives have always been interesting, but I finally have time to dedicate some time to them.

E. gilberti are a cool fish to keep though I do not have the impressive video on the previous post. wow

Scott

#5 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hi there! Yup I think it was you! But it was off of YouTube ...

Yup that's me. I've got a thread going in the pygmy sunfish section where I talk about my 55 gallon tank full of Elassoma gilberti. They're such neat fish.
Link: http://forum.nanfa.o...ssoma-gilberti/

E. gilberti are a cool fish to keep though I do not have the impressive video on the previous post. wow

hee hee. thanks

Welcome to NANFA, both of you. There are good people here :)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users