Most inquisitive fish?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_wargreen_*

Guest_wargreen_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

nice o-spot, my Greens were very inquisitive also....in a shark kind of way.

#22 Guest_Jloos1988_*

Guest_Jloos1988_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

In my experiences, the most inquisitive fish is the potato grouper Epinephelus tukula. I had the chance to scuba dive in South Africa this past summer. During a baited shark dive I swam with Black-tip sharks (not to be confused with black-tip reef sharks that are much slimmer than these bulky sharks) and Zambezi or Bull sharks. It was quite an adrenaline rush to see, out in the distance, the outline of sharks in the turid waters of South Africa. However, the most amazing moment of this dive was 13 meters or so below the surface with the bait-ball attracting sharks and schools of bony-fish. At the ocean floor was a large potato grouper circling its underwater domain. I descended to the bottom and the grouper swam right up to me until it was only a foot away from my face and stared into my eyes and kept its stare until it swam away. I never understood how inquisitive fishes were until I experienced that. I attached a picture that Mark Addison, a renowned diver, took during the dive. You can see me at the bottom with the blue and white fins.

Cheers,

- Jeff

Attached Images

• shark dive.jpg

Edited by Jloos1988, 31 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users