OHIO SCENIC RIVERS FILM NOW AVAILABLE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

OHIO SCENIC RIVERS FILM NOW AVAILABLE New documentary premieres, sold-out during opening weekend. Dayton, OH – Feb. 2, 2012 – “Call of the Scenic River – An Ohio Journey,” a new feature-length documentary about Ohio’s scenic and wild rivers was produced and funded entirely by Ohio native Tom Mayor. It opened for the public on Jan. 28 and 29 during two back-to-back sold out screenings. “The response has been a little overwhelming,” says Mayor, a Dayton native and a 1997 graduate of Wright State University’s award winning Motion Picture Production Program. Mayor’s junior film at Wright State, a short called ‘Dry Mount,’ which he was cinematographer on for writer/director Nichol Simmons, was given an Honorable Mention in Shorts at the 1996 Sundance Film Festival. About the Film “Ohio holds a special place in my heart, and with this film, I put a lot into it,” says Mayor. “I’ve always loved Ohio’s rivers and streams, but to be honest, I didn’t know we had an Ohio Scenic Rivers Program.” (http://www.ohiodnr.com/watercraft) Once research for the three-year project began, Mayor soon discovered Ohio’s Scenic Rivers Program was the nation’s first, established in 1968. “The film explores the beauty of Ohio’s waterways, the history of our water, and the impact we all have on its future,” says Mayor. DVD Release, Fundraising and Donations Traditionally filmmakers and their distributors will retain the ‘Public Performance Rights.’ Mayor has taken a decidedly different approach to releasing this film. Mayor explains, “Everyone is struggling financially. Non-profits suffer in a tough economy. I hope river, watershed and nature groups will host their own screenings locally, and at the end of the day, earn by doing so.” Details about this lucrative program are available at the film’s website, www.callofthescenicriver.com. Additionally, Mayor has arranged that a portion of the sales from each DVD will be donated to support the Ohio Scenic Rivers Protection Fund. The ODNR Division of Watercraft reports that among a record of 426,674 watercraft registered in 2011, a total of 97,693 were canoes and kayaks. This represents an increase of 110% over the 46,514 registered in 2001. Ohio’s recreational boating and fishing industries generate a combined statewide economic impact for Ohio that exceeds $3 billion annually, which is mostly dependent upon healthy waterways. Mayor adds, “This film engages people at all ages, to appreciate the beauty of our rivers and streams here in Ohio. We are very excited to be showing the film across Ohio in 2012 and for its DVD release.” About The Message Shop
The Message Shop, headquartered north of Dayton, Ohio, was founded by Tom Mayor, an educational film and video producer and 1997 graduate of Wright State University’s Motion Picture Production Program. The Message Shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012 with the film Call of the Scenic River: An Ohio Journey, its largest and most encompassing project to date, which has been privately funded. Through previous programs, his company has set the standard for advocacy-based outreach and fundraising — with more than 75,000 units sold in the U.S. alone. For more information, visit
www.TheMessageShop.com About the DVD of the Film Extended Run Time: 1hr 35min; “FACILITATOR FRIENDLY” versions on the disc; NTSC, ALL DVD REGIONS, STANDARD DEFINITION (Filmed in High-Definition), ALL AGES $19.99 US/MSRP available at www.CalloftheScenicRiver.com Contact Details
Tom Mayor, Producer/Director
The Message Shop (937) 698-4967
tmayor@themessageshop.com
Photos available upon request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users