New!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Giannis_*

Guest_Giannis_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hello everyone!My name is Giannis(in greek and in english John)and I'm from Greece..The reason is because i'm a fan of elassoma gilberti!!!!!But i can't find then in greece :( never mind....Maybe one day i'll have them in my 20l... :)

P.S: sorry for my bad english....I forgot them :D

#2 Guest_Giannis_*

Guest_Giannis_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hello everyone!My name is Giannis(in greek and in english John)and I'm from Greece..The reason is because i'm a fan of elassoma gilberti!!!!!But i can't find then in greece :( never mind....Maybe one day i'll have them in my 20l... :)

P.S: sorry for my bad english....I forgot them :D

and one question..20liters with plants is enough for a couple of elassoma?

#3 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yes, easily. I have kept breeding pairs in 2 US gal tanks = 7.6 liters. But dont try keeping more than one adult male in a tank less than 50 cm long. Males can be rough on each other.

#4 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Giannis, have you e-mailed the people selling Elassoma gilberti on aquabid and looked into Greece's import laws? It's possible that if you're willing to pay for shipping and if it's legal, some vendors might be willing to mail you some. I ordered fish from Thailand when I lived in Ohio last year and they arrived alive. True it cost $50 for shipping but when you consider that if you bought a vendor's license and bred them well there would be no one competing against you, it makes sound monetary sense.

I would recommend buying more than one of each gender if you're going to do that, though. The female of the pair of guppy fish I ordered from Thailand died before producing offspring, so that definitely wasn't ideal. Buying two pairs would have been a good idea.

Edited by EricaWieser, 01 June 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#5 Guest_Giannis_*

Guest_Giannis_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hello again!I found a pet shop which is famous in Greece for the rare species(Elassoma evergladei) and must be legal to bring them.....Tommorow i'll call them for more information..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users