Hybrid Pictures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Orangespotted_*

Guest_Orangespotted_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hybrids are cool fishes, but going through summertime pictures I've noticed that I've neglected to take pictures of all the mixes. In my remaining days as a DNR volunteer I've been trying to make up for that, and following are the (admittedly few) results of that effort.
Posted Image
White X Black Crappie, more numerous than pures of either species in lakes where both species are present.

Posted Image
Bluegill X Redear

Posted Image
Green X Redear

Posted Image
Orangespotted X Bluegill, blurry but shows his colors better than any of the clearer pictures. His bottom fins were cloudy, metallic shades of orange that were quite interesting.

Posted Image
White Bass X Striped Bass AKA Wiper

Posted Image
Bite size version of the latter. One of 400 to be stocked into Saylorville Lake (due to a misunderstanding, they ate all of the 10,000 wiggler sized walleyes that we were expecting to get out of rearing pond).

Posted Image
Have you ever seen those balloon mollies they sell at the fish store?

Hopefully more to come. Everyone else is highly encouraged to post their coolest hybrid pictures here!

#2 Guest_butch_*

Guest_butch_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

That green x redear hybrid looks like more green x orangespotted hybrids in a lake where I took a population survery at (only green sunfish and orangespotted sunfish are presented)

#3 Guest_Orangespotted_*

Guest_Orangespotted_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

That green x redear hybrid looks like more green x orangespotted hybrids in a lake where I took a population survery at (only green sunfish and orangespotted sunfish are presented)

Really? Hmm, I know what to look for then. I am pretty though that that particular fish did not have Orangespotteds in its parentage. It was taken from Lake Ahquabi, where only Green, Bluegill, and Redear are known to occur. It sounds like you may have some great hybrid pictures of your own, if so please share them!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users