Howdy from Wyoming

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wyogoob_*

Guest_wyogoob_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

Looking to learn all I can about native fish identification.

Neat looking place you have here.

Goober
Southwest Wyoming

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Welcome to the NANFA Forum. So there are goobers in Wyoming as well as in, say, Georgia?

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Georgia welcomes you to NANFA... like I need to take stuff from Alabama...

Anyway, not sure what your species diversity looks like out that far west, but you are certianly welcome here... maybe you will be teaching us a few things!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_wyogoob_*

Guest_wyogoob_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I live in the Bear River drainage of southwestern Wyoming. The 491-mile river starts in the mountains in Utah and goes north thru Utah, Wyoming, and then Idaho where it makes a 180° turn and goes back south thru Utah, eventually dumping into the Great Salt Lake.

The largest river in North America that does dump into an ocean, it is home to unique species like the Bonneville Cutthroat, the Bonneville Cisco, Bonneville Whitefish, Bear Lake Sculpin, and the mythical Bear Lake Monster, among others. :biggrin:

Before dumping into the Great Salt Lake the Bear River forms a huge freshwater marsh that is now the UFWS's Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, the first federal bird refuge in the USA.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users