how do you keep your car seat clean?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

I was wondering if folks had any suggestions on how they keep their car seat clean while out collecting? I'm thinking of things beyond just putting a towel on the seat. I figure a large heavy duty garbage bag over the back of the seat is a good start. The trick though is covering the bottom part of the seat. Has anyone done anything that seemed to work well?

Thanks
Peter

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I've never tried, but what about a neoprene seat cover? Also, I think they make waterproof seatcovers

Edited by jblaylock, 30 August 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

two things that I have seen work well

1) the snorkelmeister made carpet seat covers by folding over one edge and riveting it in place with a grommet... these fit over the seat back and being carpet are very durable

2) I bought a towel seatcover for my jeep that has a slot cut int eh top that fits over the headrest... these work OK for keeping clean, but are not thick enough to keep all the water out if we get in really wet... but I like em.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I took my van in for service once and they forgot to remove the plastic seat cover that the mechanic uses to keep the seat clean. That worked really well. They are too expensive to make them attractive to me, I'll just stick to a towel. Search for "disposable auto seat covers", they are $50 and up for 500.

#5 Guest_gzeiger_*

Guest_gzeiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

I bought a $1000 car.

#6 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm borrowing my brother's landcruiser with sheep skin seat covers.

My usual car to take out in the field is more like your car. :-)

Cheers
Peter

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

you're from Australia, you must already have some exerience with wet sheep skin...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#8 Guest_pongo_*

Guest_pongo_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

the car seat covers for dogs, made of canvas and are waterproof/resistant

#9 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

you're from Australia, you must already have some exerience with wet sheep skin...

That's New Zealanders. :-)

cheers
Peter

#10 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Schambers gets kudos for the best answer this time around I think. Didn't even think of auto places that use those plastic seat covers. Think I'll check out some mechanics to see if I can buy a few from them, don't think I'd be needing 250-500 of them! Although they aren't that expensive either. Be a good thing to sell at a nanfa convention on field day!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Peter

#11 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

It would be nice if someone would get a box and split them into smaller quantities and sell them to us.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users