Hello from Minnesota!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CNienhaus_*

Guest_CNienhaus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hello all! I am a college student from southern Minnesota who is really interested in all of our native fishes. I'm especially interested in non-game species, most notably the Catostomids. Additionally, I'm very interested in native fish conservation. As a busy student, I don't have too much time to peruse the forum, but I really do enjoy the scientific discussion and conservation/ethics forums. (I looked back and found an article on redhorse phylogeny recently! Cool!)

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Welcome, I am sure you will find a lot to enjoy here. You are certainly not the only one that appreciates redhorse, jumprock, chubsuckes, carpsuckers and hogsuckers.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hey there, I am also from MN! It's a pretty great state for natives! If you would like, I can connect you with the NANFA MN State Representative and also a very nice guy who used to work for the DNR who has a plethora of information and collecting spots.

#4 Guest_CNienhaus_*

Guest_CNienhaus_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yeahson421,

That would be very wonderful! Also, if there are any collecting trips organized for south-central Minnesota (my hometown) or south-eastern Minnesota (my college) I'd certainly be more than willing to get involved and help. I'm always on the lookout for good water in the Winona county area, as I'm not too familiar with that area yet.

Thanks

#5 Guest_pongo_*

Guest_pongo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

HI, Yea another Minnesotan!!!

Yeahson, would you pm the dnr guys contact info? I'd love to have someone help me out with a fish survey on the creek that runs through my place

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Catostomids are for suckers!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users