Opinions and knowledge on species selection

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Holdini_*

Guest_Holdini_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

What's up guys. So glad I found this forum. You guys seem super knowledgable. Getting to the point. I've had experience from a community of aggressive cichlids to a breeding discus tank but am obviously starting a native. The tank is 55 gal. I've had a school of 8 buenos aires tetra in for about 3 weeks and have used ATM colony to speed up my cycle. It's been 8 weeks now and I'm certain the cycle is complete.(nitrates 0 nitrites 0). Ill be removing the tetras and replacing them with a school of shiners more than likely and will have 4-8 tiger nerite snails. Here is my question after all the bs. I've read only the best about Brian zimmermans service and selection. But! In your opinion, which are the more colorful vibrant etc.. The central longears, Missouri longears, or pumpkinseeds. Anyone who has received these from zimmermans I would most definitely like to hear what you have to say! I plan on keeping 4-5

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I have never ordered from Brian, don't need to, I know him. He is not one to do anything poorly. I would expect everything to be top notch. Either of the two longears will be impressive. The pumpkin seeds, a bit less so, but also a bit less aggressive, or territorial. If he has northern longears, they seem to be less aggressive than centrals. Less vibrant, but a good middle of the road fish.

#3 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

But! In your opinion, which are the more colorful vibrant etc.. The central longears, Missouri longears, or pumpkinseeds.

Try typing their common and taxonomic names into http://gallery.nanfa.org/main.php and checking out the pictures on there.
By the way I've ordered fish from him before and he's a good vendor. High quality and trustworthy. :)

#4 Guest_dafrimpster_*

Guest_dafrimpster_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have some of Brian's Central Missouri long ears. They are beautiful and vibrant.

#5 Guest_Leftturn31_*

Guest_Leftturn31_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I got Dollars, Cen. Longear and Miss. Longear from Zimmerman's last Oct. I have 10 of my 20 total showing great colors at 2 1/2"-3". Expecting those are the males. Excellent service and healthy fish.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users