IMPORTANT CONVENTION NEWS!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

The lodge only has 11 rooms left for Thursday Friday, and Saturday. Period! They are filling fast. They have an additional 13 rooms available for Friday and Saturday. If you want to stay at the lodge, DO NOT WAIT! Make your reservation. Otherwise you will be driving 20-30 minutes each way from Corbin Kentucky to meet for the trips.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not sure about availability (cause I already have mine) but another option is the cabins... come one, come all... NANFA Kentucky 2013 is gonna be a good one!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

This included the cabins.

#4 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Anyone that has an opening want to split one? I was probably going to end up staying 30 min away otherwise. Not that it would be horrible, but certainly not convenient.

#5 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

As far as I know, there are now 10 or less total rooms available. There are a few hotels off the interstate but these are, at best 20 minutes away. Because we are leaving very early, I wouldn't suggest being further out.

Here's a few photos from the area

Cabin
Posted Image

2 Story Cabin
Posted Image

The single and 2 story cabins have the same sq ft.

Some inside photos:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Gift Shop & History Center
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, for those of you who may want a spirited beverage, I'd suggest bringing your own. The nearest liquor store is out near the interstate. For Saturday/Sunday, we may have places to stop on the way but it will be a good idea to have you vehicle filled up prior to leaving.

Due to the weather, I'd also suggest bringing a poncho and rain jacket. I hope and pray we have good weather, but even with rain we still plan on making the collecting trips.

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Here's a Map of the properties

Posted Image

#7 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just another tip:

1. Bring rain gear, hopefully just in case
2. If you have a small cooler, you may want to bring it for lunch on Sat. We will have some chances to stop in the morning before moving to our locations, but if you want something to stay cool, bring a cooler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users