Collecting and Fishing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*

Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Just got back from a creek off of 222. I forgot everything today, rubber boots, seine, etc. Today we got wet :) We decided to bring two small aquarium nets to catch some suckers/minnows for bait. The bite was slow so we starting flipping rocks, we found 3 madtoms and monster darters, one had to be every bit of 8", he was huge, long as my hand and some how we missed him. He did find some more larger ones than we have in our tanks so we kept some.

My buddy caught a nice smallie on sucker, I caught 2 other smallies and Sauger on a sucker, found a Queen Snake, 2 or 3 Northern Water Snakes, many Hellgrammites, Fishing Spider with a Dragon Fly, not a bad day. Was out from 3 till 8:15 or so.

Can't wait to go back :)

Attached Files

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Those Greenside Darters do get very big.

#3 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Nice sauger! Those are a cool fish I'm not sure anybody gets to see very much of.

#4 Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*

Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Those Greenside Darters do get very big.

I've always read about them but never got to see one in person. I can't wait to actually hold one in my hand that big :)

#5 Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*

Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Nice sauger! Those are a cool fish I'm not sure anybody gets to see very much of.

Yea it wasnt that bad, thats actually a small one, we have caught them up to 18". Usually when the bite is slow, we toss out a sucker, etc. on the bottom, open bail and set a rock on rod and let it sit till we get back. On 5lb test it was a nice fight :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users