Riffle fish?

23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_ShelleyD_*

Guest_ShelleyD_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

He was added to a tank that has flame tetras, swordtails, striped kuhlis, and paradise fish, so I can't lower the temperature. I could put him in a tank I just recently set up for a goldfish but there isn't many places to hide in there. That tank (goldfish) is the tank I will use for them this spring after we re-home the goldfish so I guess it would be okay to move him before. That is, if I can catch him...the tank he's in now has a lot of live plants so Idk how much damage I'll do trying to catch him! Any tips?

#22 Guest_dac343_*

Guest_dac343_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

I strongly suggest moving him out of that tank and into one that can be left unheated. I'm taking it that there are goldfish in the other tank now? One other thing, since that fella has been exposed to non-native fish please don't release him back into the wild.

#23 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

since that fella has been exposed to non-native fish please don't release him back into the wild.

Or ever, regardless of tankmates.

#24 Guest_ShelleyD_*

Guest_ShelleyD_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

The other tank currently has 1 common goldfish, about 5" long, and 7 or 8 young mystery snails. The goldfish will be moved to a pond in spring and I plan to use this tank then for the darter and any others we might be able to catch.

We don't plan to release him, which is why I was asking about them. I'd like to get more of them and keep them the way they are meant to be kept. I feel bad for keeping him now, knowing we can't return him, but I'd like to try and make him happy. He's a cool little dude :)

Edited by ShelleyD, 09 November 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users