Photo

Did you see American Currents Fall 2013?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

I got my issue a few days ago and was (of course if you know me) thrilled to see Bluehead Chubs on the cover.

But when I opened it up I was even more excited. In addition to the Bluehead Chub article, there was a new Fish in Focus, there was an article on the misunderstood mudfish (Bowfin). It also had two, long form trip reports (Okefenokee and Blue Ridge Parkway) and an interesting review of a conservation/restoration project.

There were also convention information, personal reflections, and grants to apply for. On the business side of things, there were new member announcements, financial reports, and a notice on dues increases.

And if you like what we are doing (or don't like it), this issue also offers the background information on those running for the Board of Directors that you as a membership can vote on.

What? You didn't see this amazing issue of American Currents? For your annual membership dues, you could have had four (4) issues of our high quality publication delivered to you. You could have had the opportunity to cast your vote for the leadership of out organization. And you would have the knowledge that you are contributing to the fulfillment of our Mission and Objectives and support of our Grant programs.

Jump over to the website and join today! http://www.nanfa.org/join.shtml
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, it's a strong issue with just the Okeefenokee and Blue Ridge Parkway accounts, and accompanying photos.

#3 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm usually a sciencey-kinda-guy, but even with all those great articles I think Matt Knepley's thoughtful and humorous essay is what captured my imagination the most.

#4 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thank you all for the positive comments. We live and die with what is submitted. SO, Y'all, keep it coming!

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

I too thought it was an excellent issue. I particularly enjoyed the bowfin article. I believe I might have been a mudfish in a past life. I think our current editors, Fritz, and Konrad are doing an excellent job.

#6 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Has everyone gotten the new issue? I don't think I've received mine yet.

#7 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Aaron I have not either.

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

I just received mine on Tuesday, so I expect you guys aren't far behind. Ben, you should soon start getting some extra copies in the mail since you are a Rep. Sometimes you may get extra up to date AC's, and sometimes you may get back issues. Hand them out to people that may be interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users