My Native Tanks

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

I currently have two native tanks setup and running right now. I have a 75 gallon longear sunfish tank that is in my office at work, and a 75 gallon US native planted tank (all native plants and fish) in my basement at home. Let me know what you think about them.

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hey, you should give Josh permission to use these videos on the NANFA Youtube project. Unless you have objections. We are trying to make a few bucks off of Youtube videos to offset forum costs, and whatnot. No pressure, just wanted to make sure that you knew about it. Nice work.

#3 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks man. NANFA has my permission to use these videos and any others from my channel for any purpose that they would like.

#4 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Does saying that on the forum here make it official that I gave him permission?

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I emailed him, and he is looking at the thread as we speak, so Josh can answer.

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Yup, Thanks. I'm still working on a good way to get video's from other members and adding them to the NANFA page. David pointed out to me that my current method lowers the quality some, but I'm working on it.

#7 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Also, I thought I was hardcore having a 10gal in my office.....a 75!!! my boss would freak!

#8 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Also, again..... How would you prefer I credit you? I want to make sure I credit the author in the notes on the video.

#9 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I would prefer if you maybe put my name and my YouTube username. Aaron McCaleb (Day5FishTanks). Also, if the videos are already on YouTube, Mozilla Firefox has a video downloader that allows you to choose which size of file that you wish to download giving you the opportunity to download the highest quality version. It's a free add-on called download helper I think. I have it on my computer and have used it hundreds of times.

#10 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Also, I thought I was hardcore having a 10gal in my office.....a 75!!! my boss would freak!

I asked if it would be ok to put "a tank" in my office and they said that would be fine. I never did tell them how big it was going to be until I had already put it in. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

#11 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Great, glad this worked out. I kind of felt bad putting you on the spot Aaron, but also wanted to be sure that members knew what Josh was working on. It may not be big money for us, but it is nice exposure, and now that we are paying a substantial server cost, everything helps.

#12 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Great, glad this worked out. I kind of felt bad putting you on the spot Aaron, but also wanted to be sure that members knew what Josh was working on. It may not be big money for us, but it is nice exposure, and now that we are paying a substantial server cost, everything helps.

No worries. Glad to help in whatever way I can.

#13 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for posting these Aaron! Really cool setups. I'm impressed with how clean they are.

#14 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

How's this

#15 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks. I do 50% weekly water changes on both tanks and regularly clean the glass.

#16 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

How's this

Looks great! Thanks! Feel free to do that with any of my other videos. I have one from a while back that had some green sunfish in it. They looked awesome for the video but unfortunately were too aggressive to keep for more than a few short weeks.

#17 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

The start of the longear video sounds like "Look out for my love" Neil Young. Is that what it is? Again very nice job.

#18 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nice color on that big boy longear, for sure! Great looking tanks!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#19 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

I don't know what it is. It's one if YouTube's free tracks. I'm pretty sure it's not a Neil Young song. Anyways, thanks for the compliments!

#20 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

good for you for using legal music... it makes it possible for us to use the videos for educational and professional purposes... NANFA cannot use videos that violate copyright.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users