Finally set up my 33long stream tank

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NotCousteau_*

Guest_NotCousteau_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

I finally set up the 33 long I bought a while back. I plan to put some darters, redbelly dace and some shiners in here. Maybe an orange spotted sunfish.

There's a 850GPH koralia powerhead in there and an Eheim 2217 canister filter. Lights are Orbit Marine LED, a huge splurge for me. The koralia has been making some noise. I think it's because of floating sand because it was silent in an empty tank. Hopefully this will resolve itself.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

That tank looks great! The fish should be very happy!

#3 Guest_NotCousteau_*

Guest_NotCousteau_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Thanks! I added my name to he darter hunt email list, so hopefully I'll be able to make one of the dates.

#4 Guest_NotCousteau_*

Guest_NotCousteau_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Water cleared up and I finally figured out the right blue/white light ratio to get pics that don't make it look overly blue.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#5 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Wow! It looks even better than I first thought! Beautiful tank!

#6 Guest_NotCousteau_*

Guest_NotCousteau_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Thanks, man. I'm excited to get it stocked!

#7 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, that is very very nice. Does the koralia push the water the length of the tank? Does it stir up the sand?

#8 Guest_NotCousteau_*

Guest_NotCousteau_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Thanks, Josh. You must be the same jblaylock with the tank youtube videos. Your tank is pretty awesome. Helped me a ton in setting this one up.

The koralia gets very good movement through about 2/3 of the aquarium's length. It tapers off at the last 1/3 mark. It did blow the sand around at first, but I found that after I let it run a bit, everything settled in the right places and no more sand was getting kicked up. I placed a lot of 3/4 inch gravel and smaller pea pebble near the koralia end of the tank to help minimize sand blowing.

The koralia is making kind of a rattling noise, which I first thought was due to sand but have read online could be due to other issues? I've read that adding washers to the impeller will help. I haven't tried it yet, though.

#9 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Thanks, Josh. You must be the same jblaylock with the tank youtube videos. Your tank is pretty awesome. Helped me a ton in setting this one up.

The koralia gets very good movement through about 2/3 of the aquarium's length. It tapers off at the last 1/3 mark. It did blow the sand around at first, but I found that after I let it run a bit, everything settled in the right places and no more sand was getting kicked up. I placed a lot of 3/4 inch gravel and smaller pea pebble near the koralia end of the tank to help minimize sand blowing.

The koralia is making kind of a rattling noise, which I first thought was due to sand but have read online could be due to other issues? I've read that adding washers to the impeller will help. I haven't tried it yet, though.

I'm glad I was able to help. I love your tank.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users