TN Drainage Trip

25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, we kept some. They aren't all that fragile. I wouldn't touch them in the summer time, just the other seasons. We've kept them over night, maybe two nights, transported them home, and they were fine.

#22 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

Do you still have them? Are they showing their "warpaint" colors? If you are willing to let a few go, tell me a fish you are looking for and I will go out and find them. Will spend all day if I have to! (For a trade that is)

Adam

#23 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

I don't actually have them. arnoldi kept them for his tanks. When we are down there again, I'll grab a few for you.

#24 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

I will second what drew said about warpaints. They aren't really that fragile, if you don't try to bring them in from about mid June/July-end of September. I even had marginal success then but I kept them in a bucket for 48+ hours while doing minor water changes daily with tank water. Collecting them outside of the heat of summer is your best bet. They are pigs though and I think keeping them fed is the hardest part. They either become gaunt and frail or distended and obese.

#25 Guest_NativeLover_*

Guest_NativeLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

That would be much appreciated Drewish. Let me know if there is anything in southern Kentucky you are looking for. We have many darter species.

#26 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

My warpaints are always colored up, and feed like a typical Luxilus. I did not find them too fragile.

Nativelover is in the barren river drainage. http://www.natureser...jsp?huc=5110002. He can find some good fish!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users